This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPSec VPN with SonicWALL - Redirecting traffic over VPN

Hello all!

In my company we are implementing a large project to centralize all web filtering and navigation of the branche's through the Astaro Security Gateway. The software is located in a data center in a VMware virtual server infrastructure. In the branche's we have a SonicWALL TZ-100 closing a VPN with Astaro. So far so good. I can ping each other interfaces and machines behind SonicWALL. But (there is always a but) the project's goal is to make all traffic from the SonicWALL (branches) is sent through the vpn tunnel and carried over the local link the data center. According to the SonicWALL technicians, it is possible using the option called Tunnel Interface in the SonicWALL VPN configuration , which makes is possible to route traffic through the VPN. The problem is that with this mode enabled I can't find a way to configure Astaro to close the VPN. Is there any specific configuration for closing the tunnel with this option in SonicWALL?

Thank's in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Regarding your 1st picture this is a testnetwork, right? because the ASG WAN IP is private?
    Could you please provide some entrys of the packetfilter log, where connections are blocked?

Other Hardware you could use are other Astaros at the remote offices, with network subscription only perhaps. But we have IPSec Tunnels up with ASG and Sonicwalls, so they should work with [;)]

Regards

Achim
  • Regarding your 1st picture this is a testnetwork, right? because the ASG WAN IP is private?
    Could you please provide some entrys of the packetfilter log, where connections are blocked?

Other Hardware you could use are other Astaros at the remote offices, with network subscription only perhaps. But we have IPSec Tunnels up with ASG and Sonicwalls, so they should work with [;)]

Regards

Achim
Children
  • BAlfson,

Yes, I know the public is not possible. I made some changes and now I can access WebAdmin by IP internal interface.

saur,

Yes, it is actually a staging environment. 

Attached is a picture of how the structure should work. The catch is that the same interface where the request enters the Astaro VPN tunnel is the same as going out, ie, there is no LAN and everything goes through only one link. Now the problem ...

Everything is working as the image illustrates, and the logs of Astaro, which are also attached, shows that the requests are going through. The problem is that the laptop does not have to answer the request. In some sites such as What's My IP Address? Networking Tools & More displays the public IP of Astaro, which proves it's working, but that site is one of the few that open. Other sites like Bing and Yahoo! Deutschland do not open and display the in the Firefox status bar the message "Waiting for ...". Any ideas?

Thank's!