This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPSec VPN with SonicWALL - Redirecting traffic over VPN

Hello all!

In my company we are implementing a large project to centralize all web filtering and navigation of the branche's through the Astaro Security Gateway. The software is located in a data center in a VMware virtual server infrastructure. In the branche's we have a SonicWALL TZ-100 closing a VPN with Astaro. So far so good. I can ping each other interfaces and machines behind SonicWALL. But (there is always a but) the project's goal is to make all traffic from the SonicWALL (branches) is sent through the vpn tunnel and carried over the local link the data center. According to the SonicWALL technicians, it is possible using the option called Tunnel Interface in the SonicWALL VPN configuration , which makes is possible to route traffic through the VPN. The problem is that with this mode enabled I can't find a way to configure Astaro to close the VPN. Is there any specific configuration for closing the tunnel with this option in SonicWALL?

Thank's in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • When connected via VPN, the public IP on the External interface is not visible.  You must access the Astaro via the IP of "Internal (Address)".

[...] 3 links failover, VPN fail-over, [...] 

I think those two items may be showstoppers for the RED.  Can someone else with more RED experience chime in?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • When connected via VPN, the public IP on the External interface is not visible.  You must access the Astaro via the IP of "Internal (Address)".

[...] 3 links failover, VPN fail-over, [...] 

I think those two items may be showstoppers for the RED.  Can someone else with more RED experience chime in?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data