This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPSec VPN with SonicWALL - Redirecting traffic over VPN

Hello all!

In my company we are implementing a large project to centralize all web filtering and navigation of the branche's through the Astaro Security Gateway. The software is located in a data center in a VMware virtual server infrastructure. In the branche's we have a SonicWALL TZ-100 closing a VPN with Astaro. So far so good. I can ping each other interfaces and machines behind SonicWALL. But (there is always a but) the project's goal is to make all traffic from the SonicWALL (branches) is sent through the vpn tunnel and carried over the local link the data center. According to the SonicWALL technicians, it is possible using the option called Tunnel Interface in the SonicWALL VPN configuration , which makes is possible to route traffic through the VPN. The problem is that with this mode enabled I can't find a way to configure Astaro to close the VPN. Is there any specific configuration for closing the tunnel with this option in SonicWALL?

Thank's in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Bob is right, 

This is the exact use case why we built RED.
    Easily backhaul allvtraffic through a central ASG in the datacenter.

You could setup a RED in 2 minutes replacing the sonicwall.

Plug in cables into RED in the branch, type in the RED serial number in your virtualized ASG and done.
    No additional configuration required as it acts exactly like a dedicated Ethernet cable to your branch office.

have fun
    Gert
  • Bob is right, 

Plug in cables into RED in the branch, type in the RED serial number in your virtualized ASG and done.
    No additional configuration required as it acts exactly like a dedicated Ethernet cable to your branch office.

have fun
    Gert
Children
  • Version of Astaro?  Do you confirm this is an IPsec VPN?  Please show a picture of one of these 'IPsec Connection' definitions in the Astaro.

Cheers - Bob
    PS Have you considered that you might simplify your life by replacing each SonicWall with a RED?  You likely could sell them used for more than the cost of the REDs.

Hi BAlfson,

Astaro Security Gateway 8.003-12.2.
    IPSec VPN.
    The pictures are attached.

Thank's for your reply!

Bob is right, 

have fun
    Gert

Hi Gert,

RED is a possibility too, but there are some features in SonicWALL that I think RED does not have, which are necessary for the branch's.

Thank's for your reply!
  • Hello,

BAlfson,

Version 8.003-12.2.
    IPSec VPN.
    The images are at the end of the topic.

Thanks!

Gert Hansen,

Yes, it would certainly be the ideal solution, but we need some features in branches and we believe that the red would not be appropriate. So we choose the the SonicWALL. Do you would have any recommendation of equipment that integrates well with Astaro and can fit into the scenario I described in my first post?

Thanks!