This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL VPN use Windows DNS server fail

I switched from a workgroup to a domain. I was using the UTM as a DNS server with static network definitions for the servers that are hosted behind the UTM. Some of the servers are accessible from both local and external clients so I went with the second option as listed in post #1 of the DNS Best Practices.

I was able to get everything working since switching to a Windows DNS server (DC) but I can’t get the SSL VPN to use the Windows DNS server. I have to keep the static network definitions and specify the UTM as one of the DNS servers under Remote Access -> Advanced in order to access the servers via the VPN.

I do not have a WINS server. Under Network Services -> DNS -> Request routing, I tried adding 2.242.10.in-addr.arpa -> the Windows DNS server but it did not make any difference. I have cleared the cache on the UTM and devices after each change.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I believe you have to remove in the DNS 'Allowed Networks' the VPN Pool network if you are using an internal DNS.  Take it out if you are.  If you are not using an internal DNS server, it should look like this below:

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• I removed it but still not working. Nothing in Firewall or IPS logs either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sophos UTM 9.719-3 - Home User
    Virtual machine on Dell Optiplex 3070
    i3-9100 @ 3.60 GHz, 16 GB RAM

• I removed it but still not working. Nothing in Firewall or IPS logs either.

Sophos UTM 9.719-3 - Home User
    Virtual machine on Dell Optiplex 3070
    i3-9100 @ 3.60 GHz, 16 GB RAM

Children
No Data