This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Configure interface for ICS

Hello, We recently had to move buildings quickly and as a result our ISP isn’t in place yet. As a work around we’re using hotspot to a windows 7 box, configured ICS and then sharing that connection to the clients and VPN to connect to resources. However, the ISP might take longer than hoped so I’d like to set up Site to site VPN... but I’m not entirely sure where to start. I’m assuming I’d plug the LAN of the PC into the WAN of the Sophos and configure that interface. But I’m not sure what that interface would be (if I use the internal Schema and assign say 172.16.1.254 as the IP and use the PC IP as the gateway (172.16.1.1))... would the Sophos be able to recognize that connection and use it to go out? And then assuming that it does, how would it be a possible on the other Sophos to set up the site to site? Anyone have any experience with this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Your easiest solution will be using SSL VPN instead of IPsec or RED.  With IPsec, you would need to adjust for the fact that the packets were signed by the private IP instead of the public IP in front of it.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA