This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL VPN on Pool Notebooks - without certificate?!

Hi,

we have 250 users having 10 pool Notebooks user get when traveling.

To connect to SG they use SSL VPN as Default.

Because user don't have admin Access on those Notebooks they are unable to copy/install their config files into the requested Directory.

So my question: What are the alternatives? SSL VPN without Client cert? Is this possible?

Thanks for helpfull hints

Gernot

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I would expect that you could do the following, but I have not tried it:

• An I/T person with privileges does the full install of the Sophos VPN client.
    • Each installed user needs a <username>.ovpn file and a <username> folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos SSL VPN Client\config
    • The administrator down-protects this folder, then removes his user structure unless he plans to be one of the regular device users.
    • As each user borrows a laptop, he uses the User Portal to do a limited (certificate-only) installation.   I would expect this does not require privileges as long as the target folder is down-protected.
    • On device return or as desired,  the I/T staff purges the user certificate structure out of the target folder before releasing the device to a different user.
  • OK. Is a try. I'll chck this out and come back to you.

Reply Children
No Data