This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9- WAN interface will not change from [Down] to [up] when Cable Modem is in Bridged Mode

I've installed UTM 9 and while trying to set it up I've run into some problems. For some reason that I cannot figure out the WAN interface will not come [Up] when connected when I put my Comcast Cable Modem/Router into bridged mode. I have it set up with Type > Ethernet and and have the correct NIC selected for that interface, I also have the Dynamic IP box checked and the IPv4 default Gateway box checked. 

Then when I disable bridge mode on my Modem/Router it then the WAN interface comes [Up] but it is issued a private IP address I am thinking that this will cause double NAT'ing which I don't want to do. Does anyone know what might be causing this to not work properly in bridged mode? 

I've included two screen shots.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, John, and welcome to the UTM Community!

Maybe you've chosen the wrong interface type.  You might try with the "DSL (PPPOE)" type if you have credentials that were given to you by Comcast.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, John, and welcome to the UTM Community!

Maybe you've chosen the wrong interface type.  You might try with the "DSL (PPPOE)" type if you have credentials that were given to you by Comcast.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children