This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to tell which Node is hosting a EIP in a Cluster on AWS

Hi there

This is probably a really stupid question, but 

1) In a H/A Deployment of UTM on AWS, how do I tell which node is hosting the EIP from inside the WebUI of the UTM, and if there are multiple EIPs how do I tell this also? And can I tell this from AWS Console also if both Nodes already have their own Extertnal IPs showing from the Instance Manager inside of AWS EC2

Thanks  

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • To move EIP from one Node , to another : 

aws ec2 associate-address --instance-id i-xxxxxxxxx --allocation-id eipalloc-xxxxxxxx

Use the AWS CLI

Another question

I am trying to bind multiple EIPs to a single interface..

I can add multiple private IPs with no issue, eg eth0  10.0.0.5 , 10.0.0.6, howver I can only add one EIP to each interface it seems. In this case, 10.0.0.5 having a EIP no problem, but if I try add a EIP to 10.0.0.6, which is on teh same interface, it just removes the exisitng EIP, and replaces with the new EIP I am trying to add.

Is anyone aware of how to get around this?

Also, you can see from the AWS console, which node is hosting an EIP , so if it is in a cluster, click on your running Sophos UTM instance, and it will show you what EIP it is hosting.

Hope that helps / hope someone can help me 

Thanks 

• To move EIP from one Node , to another : 

aws ec2 associate-address --instance-id i-xxxxxxxxx --allocation-id eipalloc-xxxxxxxx

Use the AWS CLI

Another question

I am trying to bind multiple EIPs to a single interface..

I can add multiple private IPs with no issue, eg eth0  10.0.0.5 , 10.0.0.6, howver I can only add one EIP to each interface it seems. In this case, 10.0.0.5 having a EIP no problem, but if I try add a EIP to 10.0.0.6, which is on teh same interface, it just removes the exisitng EIP, and replaces with the new EIP I am trying to add.

Is anyone aware of how to get around this?

Also, you can see from the AWS console, which node is hosting an EIP , so if it is in a cluster, click on your running Sophos UTM instance, and it will show you what EIP it is hosting.

Hope that helps / hope someone can help me 

Thanks 

Children
No Data