This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Utilizing UTM Manager - MSP situation

Hi guys, and girls,
I am working on a setup for our office.  My goal, is to allow management to all our client's Sophos devices, via the UTM manager.

Our SUM is integrated into our LDAP, and we can give engineers a login to the SUM, and they can admin client devices from there.  This is a great function!

The next step I'd like to accomplish, is allowing engineers to SSL VPN into each client, using the AD credentials on our end.  Is it possible to do this?  So, if they need to VPN into the client, they can pull up the portal, or something like that, and download the required files for their VPN client, and get connected using those AD credentials?

The reason for this is.... we sometimes need to VPN in, to utilize iLO, or Drac (Dell?).  Or, sometimes just to do network troubleshooting.

As an MSP, we are looking for more ways to utilize the SUM to automate a lot of the admin process.  So, if we let an engineer go, once their account is disabled in AD, they lose access to everything.

My though for the UTM would be, that if someone tries to connect to the portal or something, and can't be found locally, it would check the user base on a SUM.  If it is found there, give them access based on what the SUM says?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • We'll work on coming up with another solution. Still really like the ability to admin the Sophos devices by logging into the SUM first, and then admin'ing the various UTMs that way. 

That doesn't work anymore?  I used that a lot two years ago, but haven't tried it recently.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • That doesn't work anymore?  I used that a lot two years ago, but haven't tried it recently.

Cheers - Bob

I may be missing something too... We use the SUM to hop to UTMs that are behind DHCP public IPs. As the endpoint IP changes, the UTM phones home and updates SUM. Poor mans dyndns [:)]
  • That doesn't work anymore?  I used that a lot two years ago, but haven't tried it recently.

Cheers - Bob

I may be missing something too... We use the SUM to hop to UTMs that are behind DHCP public IPs. As the endpoint IP changes, the UTM phones home and updates SUM. Poor mans dyndns [:)]
Children
No Data