This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

connection to backend not established

hi,
so here comes the story:
we had some issues with our a/c during the last weekend and our sum-server got shut down...
after that, it started up properly and looked pretty good, but if i enter the credentials, it keeps saying "please wait, loggin in" for a minute and after that a big red text line appears, saying: "The following errors occured: connection to backend not established" (See Attachment!) [:S] [:S] [:S]

i tried rebooting, the backend via 4444 is still working correctly? any further ideas?

gschwendti

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • My 1st guess is a network/hardware issue. 2nd a rebuild from scratch.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• I m having the exact same problem after I wiped my old SUM VM from disk, installed a new one and imported the Backup.

after a Minute, I get an Email that the SUM core daemon not running - restarted, then I m able to login with my AD Account. Not sure if its also the case with the local admin account.

Email:

SUM core daemon not running - restarted
    -- 
    System Uptime      : 7 days 4 hours 11 minutes
    System Load        : 1.91
    System Version     : Sophos UTM Manager 4.103-9

Please refer to the manual for detailed instructions.
  • Ok, So I did my fir st Login today to SUM with the local admin account and I also recieved "The following errors occured: connection to backend not established"

30 seconds later I got the usual email stating: SUM core daemon not running - restarted

30 seconds later I was able to login with no issues with my AD account. Solution anyone? Backup and Restore Config on a new VM?
  • [QUOTE=all4it;243856]Ok, So I did my fir st Login today to SUM with the local admin account and I also recieved "The following errors occured: connection to backend not established"

Hi,
    nearly the same issue here. Could you solve your issue???
    Login to SUM itself via RADIUS itself is fine, trying to open Gateway Manager I get "connection to backend not established"

Not sure, but it can be that this happened since running v4.1 (imported config from 4.0)

Regards