This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUM4 and Amazon EC2...

In the release it talks about using the UTM Manager / SUM4 in the Amazon cloud.  I am trying out the EC2 service and we get to spin up EC2 instances using AMIs.  This could be a perfect use for my EC2 instance.  

The release info is here:
http://www.astaro.com/en-us/blog/up2date/SUM4GA

I have tried searching for every kind of verbiage I could think of for the AMI but have been unsuccessful.  I did, however, find a UTM 9 build in AMI listing. 

Anyone know how to get it installed or where to find the AMI for EC2?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I found it.  In the Launch dialog, you have to select "My AMIs" then "All Images" and look for this one: 159737981378/acc_4.000-2_64_ebs

That will install it... I think. Hopefully it will run within the t1.micro instance (eligible for free)
  • Hi.

I deeply apologize, we should probably call that SUM. We will update the keywords however (which you cannot see but yield results) with more terms. For now, just search for "Sophos" in the community AMI tab.
  • Hi.

I deeply apologize, we should probably call that SUM. We will update the keywords however (which you cannot see but yield results) with more terms. For now, just search for "Sophos" in the community AMI tab.

No problem.  I was able to install it.  I let it run a few days and I was surprised at how much usage it was pulling in.  I ran it in the micro realm so I could try and use it on the "free" service and in just a few days it was racking up a couple of dollars a day communicating with 6-7 ASGs. Seems high for what it does.  I had a Nagios installation running on another account and it was staying within parameters.  

Is this because the SUM4 installation isn't really optimized as an EC2 type application or just because it really is that intensive?  I estimated about $70/month for what it would cost had I left it running all month based on the first couple days.  

Is it possible that you can run SUM4 on maybe an old ASG120 hardware device with 1GB RAM?  I have one of those on the shelf collecting dust and can maybe put it to good use.

Joe J