This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[3.002][BUG] Automatic GUI refresh disturbs edits in Gateway Manager

While configuring definitions and rules for an ASG managed via ACC I came on a rather annoying bug with the automatic GUI refresh in the Gateway Manager. It does not seem to notice that a definition or rule is just being edited thus removing the last edits from the definition or rule leaving it in the state it was opened for editing.

Since the Gateway Manager has no control to change the automatic GUI refresh I switched to the ACC WebAdmin and changed the refresh interval there to "Never". This worked for the editing of definitions but only partly for the editing of rules. When I edited a new rule that required new definitions then the refresh kicked in again and killed the last edits to the rule.

Another source of such unwanted GUI refreshes is Organisational Units being set to Autodeploy. Whenever a complex edit requires new definitions to be created a refresh is caused after the new definition is benig saved. This makes it impossible to create new definitions while editing groups or rules.

Somehow the refresh routine needs to be altered so that it respects open edits and postpones refreshes until the edit has been saved and thus closed.

Regards,
Andreas

This thread was automatically locked due to age.