This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wrong licensing information on dashboard

Our ACC shows on the Dashboard wrong licensing informations. If we install a new license the licensing bar still remains on the old date, so it looks like expired license.

Looking to the direct licensing option in the ACC all is fine with correct informations. Only on the dashboard it fails.

What could be wrong? It´s an issue we have since v3 I think.

Cheers, Tom

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Tom,

we heard about this issue a few months ago here and had some assumption
    how it could have happened.

Recently we found the actual reason for this issue and are now working on a
    solution.

Until a fix is available following workaround can be used:

• login to the ACC per ssh, as always be cautios by doing this
    • connect to the database:
      psql -U acc

• enter the following commands in the db prompt
      delete from monitoring_dashboard;

delete from monitoring_license;

• restart the ACC daemon:
      /var/mdw/scripts/accd restart

this will close the gateway manager session, just login again then the
      license level should be displayed correctly

Regards, Hakan
  • Hello Hakan,

thanks for that workaround. It solved my problem except for one managed ASGs. It´s an ASG 425 in HA whos licensing information is still wrong.

Any more suggestions?
  • Hi Tom,

could you please ensure that for that machine the license is not actually
    going to be expired? If it's actually wrong do the following:

• login per ssh
    • login to the database
    • find out the guid of that ASG:
      select * from device_info;

• with the guid find out the license levels;
      select data from monitoring_license where guid = 'the-guid-you-found';

Is there a "level" field that has a value other than 0?
      If so then the warning level is correct, if not please do the steps, which
      I described in my first post, again

Regards, Hakan
  • Hi Tom,

could you please ensure that for that machine the license is not actually
    going to be expired? If it's actually wrong do the following:

• login per ssh
    • login to the database
    • find out the guid of that ASG:
      select * from device_info;

• with the guid find out the license levels;
      select data from monitoring_license where guid = 'the-guid-you-found';

Is there a "level" field that has a value other than 0?

Regards, Hakan
Children

• Is there a "level" field that has a value other than 0?
    [/LIST]

Regards, Hakan

No there isn´t.

"options":{"ClusterNodes"
    :0,"ExpirationDate":"11/23/2012","HighAvailability":true,"IntrusionProtection":true,"RegistrationDate":"10/02/2007","SymmetricMultiProcessing":true,"Type":"ASG425","WarrantyDate":"12/30/2007"},"subscriptions":{"details":{"MailSecurity":{
    "Expires":212.38,"Start":"10/02/2007","Stop":"11/23/2012"},"NetworkSecurity":{"Expires":572.38,"Start":"10/02/2007","Stop":"11/18/2013"},"PremiumSupport":{"Expires":212.38,"Start":"10/02/2007","Stop":"11/23/2012"},"StandardSupport":{"Exp
    ires":572.38,"Start":"11/18/2010","Stop":"11/18/2013"},"WebApplicationSecurity":{"Expires":212.38,"Start":"11/22/2010","Stop":"11/23/2012"},"WebSecurity":{"Expires":212.38,"Start":"10/02/2007","Stop":"11/23/2012"},"WirelessSecurity":{"Ex
    pires":212.38,"Start":"11/22/2010","Stop":"11/23/2012"}}},"users":{"active":0,"max":9999,"percent":0}},"status":{"connections":{"percent":{"hint":"","level":0}},"level":0,"subscriptions":{"details":{"MailSecurity":{"hint":"","level":0},"
    NetworkSecurity":{"hint":"","level":0},"PremiumSupport":{"hint":"","level":0},"StandardSupport":{"hint":"","level":0},"WebApplicationSecurity":{"hint":"","level":0},"WebSecurity":{"hint":"","level":0},"WirelessSecurity":{"hint":"","level
    ":0}},"hint":"","level":0},"timestamp":"","users":{"percent":{"hint":"","level":0}}}}

But the graph is wrong. They are licensed from today 213 days and the graph is still orange (see picture) - I think that´s wrong. There are other customers with less licensing time and their graph is still green.
  • Yes, then it's wrong. But have you tried to repeat what I wrote in my first post?
  • Yes, then it's wrong. But have you tried to repeat what I wrote in my first post?

Sorry, I forgot. But now I have done this and it seems to solve that problem. Now all ASGs show the correct license bar.

Thank you!
  • Hakan, now that you guys have identified this as a bug, any idea on when an up2date will be out to fix it?

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Hi Bruce,

currently we don't a have a plan to release an up2date. At the moment
    we are focused on the preperation for the V4 beta (may/june) which will
    include the fix.

Regards, Hakan
  • Understood, thanks for the information update.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.