This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Acc 3.0

So here's the deelio...

I had my old ACC 2.x (whatever was the latest version). Took a backup of config. This is a VMware install, that was downloaded as the VMware image.

I downloaded the ACC 3.0 software appliance ISO (as I wanted to be prompted for the 64-bit option).

Installed ACC 3.0 over the ACC 2.x VM.

Upon booting a clean fresh install, I get an error "ACC core daemon not running - restarted" however it doesn't actually restart.

Upon restoring the 2.x config, same thing happens.

I've re-installed fresh 3-4 times and it happens every time. Both fresh and using old config.

I've even tried cranking up the RAM to 1.0GB with no success.

Anyone have any advice?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Update:

Logged on to the console...

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but I fished around and found:
    /etc/init.d/rc3.d/K25accd

Went ahead and issued a:
    /etc/init.d/rc3.d/K25accd start

I don't know if this is the proper way to start it, or if I'm doing it wrong, but it came up with this error:

:: Starting ACC core daemonusr/bin/accd: error while loading shared libraries: libicudata.so.40: castartproc: exit status of parent of usr/bin/accd: 127
    failed

I'm assuming there's some libraries missing if you're using a 64-bit kernel. I'm betting money if I didn't chose yes on 64-bit kernel, this would have worked.
  • I went ahead and checked to see if libicu was installed, and it wasn't on the ACC box...

I mounted the .iso on a seperate linux box, and scp'd over the libicu rpm from the ACC .iso.

Upon running: rpm -iv libicu-4.0-7.24.11.740.g1b954db.i686.rpm

I get this error:
    error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/libicudata.so.40.0;4e9c844b: cpio: read failed - Bad file descriptor...

And PS, could a mod change the Subject of this thread to something more appropriate, it slipped my mind to name the thread something decent.
  • Update:

That's REALLY weird!

After 8 install attempts that came up with the same problem, I went ahead and deleted the VM that contained 2.0 that I was trying to install 3.0 over...

Created a new VM, installed, and it worked. Weird!
  • Thanks, Stephen, for this thread, and especially for posting the solution.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Stephen,
    thank you for the warning, I planning on upgrading mine tonight.

Ian M

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.