This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ACC Group Definitions - replacment

Hi,

I removed the group accidently with the definition remove button.
Afterwards I tried to add it again, but the old Definition is not replaced, the new one has a [xycv] behind it.

What am I doing wrong? I tried all three Options. The Definition is used with Webadmin access Networks.

Sven

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • So I am still waiting for paid support to get back to me on a status update.  I have not seen anyone logging into my boxes since I opened the ticket up 5/24/2011 and after they acknowledged receipt of all login information.
    RLeibl are you still available to help resolve this issue?  It is causing me no end of problems because I have to update my groups for PCI compliance firewall rule-sets and this is preventing me from moving forward without having to manually go through and update 9 firewalls x 5 different sections in the firewall setup.
  • Hi

Some notes that may be interesting for all of you:

•  When replacing objects (originally this was 'claiming a previously deployed
      object), the ASG is _very_ strict. If the object doesn't match _exactly_ the
      object is not replaced.  This may yield some unexpected results.

•  Some objects contain lists which contain other objects (roughly speaking). A
        network group contains a list of, well, the network objects.
        When claiming (replacing) such an object, it is critical that the list is in
        the exact same order in the object that is sent from the ACC and the object
        that should be replaced on the ASG.
      •  This is on purpose. Treating arrays as ordered is safer than treating them
        as unordered (think: packetfilter rules), and, the object claiming is supposed
        to re-claim objects that have previously been deployed, not objects that just
        happen to 'be there' and should now be controlled via ACC.

•  We found that this behaviour may be too strict in several cases.

•  There are objects that are changed on the ASG, e.g. DNS groups.
      •  The ASG seems to disregard ordering in cases where ordering is not
        relevant. So when an object is undeployed and made into a local object, it
        seems as if it would be possible that the order of the members changes.

•  We changed the behaviour of the ASG (with ASG Beta V8.165) such that the
        order of lists is only relevant in some cases (in fact, we mark, for each
        list, if the list is supposed to be ordered, or not).

btw. sorry for being so late. It's crazy busy right now ...
    • Hi

Some notes that may be interesting for all of you:

•  When replacing objects (originally this was 'claiming a previously deployed
        object), the ASG is _very_ strict. If the object doesn't match _exactly_ the
        object is not replaced.  This may yield some unexpected results.

•  Some objects contain lists which contain other objects (roughly speaking). A
          network group contains a list of, well, the network objects.
          When claiming (replacing) such an object, it is critical that the list is in
          the exact same order in the object that is sent from the ACC and the object
          that should be replaced on the ASG.
        •  This is on purpose. Treating arrays as ordered is safer than treating them
          as unordered (think: packetfilter rules), and, the object claiming is supposed
          to re-claim objects that have previously been deployed, not objects that just
          happen to 'be there' and should now be controlled via ACC.

•  We found that this behaviour may be too strict in several cases.

•  There are objects that are changed on the ASG, e.g. DNS groups.
        •  The ASG seems to disregard ordering in cases where ordering is not
          relevant. So when an object is undeployed and made into a local object, it
          seems as if it would be possible that the order of the members changes.

•  We changed the behaviour of the ASG (with ASG Beta V8.165) such that the
          order of lists is only relevant in some cases (in fact, we mark, for each
          list, if the list is supposed to be ordered, or not).

btw. sorry for being so late. It's crazy busy right now ...
      Children
      No Data