This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ACC 2.2 - compatibility with ASG versions

Hi,

I read the release notes on the v2.2 release of the ACC, but I'm a bit troubled by it...
We have a few pre-v7.5 machines running, and cannot upgrade them (yet)...
The release notes on the v2.2 ACC release note that you need a v7.5xx or 8.001 or higher release, 'to support the new features'... 
Is this limitation/specification _only_ for the NEW features, and can the old/current ones still be used, or will the pre-7.5xx and pre-8.001 ASG installations stop communicating, or will the ACC v2.2 stop accepting their communication?

It's kind of unclear to me now.
We have a database issue on our current v2.1 virtual installation, and I was looking for the iso to reinstall it (I have a recent config backup, so no stress)... but only v2.2 is there, even in the specific 2.1 folder...

Anyone that has a v2.2 with a pre-7.5 ASG in his config who can explain what works and what doesn't?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

no problem all devices which worked with ACC 2.1 wil also work with ACC 2.2. You will however not able to use the new features introduces with ACC 2.2 as the devices don't support them.

These are:
    - All Network Security features
    - All Web Security features
    - Time Events

which are new in ACC 2.2 and in the supporting devices.

All features which where available in 2.1 will still work with the old devices.
  • Hello,

no problem all devices which worked with ACC 2.1 wil also work with ACC 2.2. You will however not able to use the new features introduces with ACC 2.2 as the devices don't support them.

These are:
    - All Network Security features
    - All Web Security features
    - Time Events

which are new in ACC 2.2 and in the supporting devices.

All features which where available in 2.1 will still work with the old devices.
Children
No Data