This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Data Disk is filling up

Hello,

We were running ACC 2.00 with about 120 ASG units on it for the longest time with no issues.  We finally got all of the ASG units up to 7.507 so yesterday evening I updated it to 2.200 and now I'm getting email messages stating "Data Disk is filling up - please check. Current usage: 100%"

I've checked the file system and it looks like it is in the Postgres database in this directory /var/storage/pgsql/data/base/16384.

Has anyone seen this and how do I clean it up to get my disk space back?  At this point I can't logon to the webadmin user interface to manage the firewalls but I can access it through SSH.

acc2:/var/storage # df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs                5.3G  1.4G  3.7G  28% /
udev                  1.9G   56K  1.9G   1% /dev
/dev/disk/by-label/root
                      5.3G  1.4G  3.7G  28% /
/dev/disk/by-label/boot
                      342M   14M  311M   5% /boot
/dev/disk/by-label/storage
                       30G   28G  669M  98% /var/storage
/dev/disk/by-label/log
                       39G  429M   36G   2% /var/log
/dev/disk/by-label/tmp
                      1.9G   39M  1.8G   3% /tmp
/dev/disk/by-label/storage
                       30G   28G  669M  98% /var/sec/chroot-httpd/var/acc/var/sessions
/dev/disk/by-label/root
                      5.3G  1.4G  3.7G  28% /var/storage/chroot-accd/var/run/postgresql
tmpfs                 1.9G   20K  1.9G   1% /var/storage/chroot-smtp/tmp/ram

Anyone have any ideas?

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Keith

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Comparing to other systems your disk usage looks quite high. Either that is caused by lots of reporting data of the devices or an error on the ACC.

Note that we recomment 120GB of HD for 100 devices. But I also have seen systems which use less space on /var/storage with the double amount of devices.

Would it be possible to get access to the ACC via ssh so that we can have a look.

You can send your credentials to acc-support@astaro.com

Thorsten
  • Hi,

was reading through the forums and was looking for exactly that problem.
    WE have a ACC running on a ESX Server.

ATM we run about 40-50 Astaros managed by that ACC and we have a DATA Disk of about 17GB.

Before we upgraded our Astaros to 5.5xx we had no trouble with our ACC but lately we have the problem that our data disk fills up really fast. 
    First we had ACC 2.0 installed for quiet a long time without problems, after the Upgrade of all Astaros to 5.507 we ran into the exact same problem described above.
    We tried to reinstall the ACC and see where the problem was but didnt find out yet. 

It took 3-4 weeks now to fill up the 17GB data disk from 0.

Not sure if the ACC is the problem or if it has something to do with the managed Astaros maybe?

[:S]
  • Hi,

was reading through the forums and was looking for exactly that problem.
    WE have a ACC running on a ESX Server.

ATM we run about 40-50 Astaros managed by that ACC and we have a DATA Disk of about 17GB.

Before we upgraded our Astaros to 5.5xx we had no trouble with our ACC but lately we have the problem that our data disk fills up really fast. 
    First we had ACC 2.0 installed for quiet a long time without problems, after the Upgrade of all Astaros to 5.507 we ran into the exact same problem described above.
    We tried to reinstall the ACC and see where the problem was but didnt find out yet. 

It took 3-4 weeks now to fill up the 17GB data disk from 0.

Not sure if the ACC is the problem or if it has something to do with the managed Astaros maybe?

[:S]
Children
No Data