This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ACC Setup Best Practices?

Hello,

I am going to be setting up our first ACC device on our network and would like to hear what the best practices for network configuration would be.

Ideally, I would like to have the system facing the world with a Public IP.  I am doing this because I would like to monitor all of the Astaro devices we have at each branch and be notified of any problems without being behind the firewall (Astaro), which may have gone down therefore blocking any notifications from reaching me.  It would also be on a different ISP circuit for fault tolerance.

So, my quick question is....Which setup configuration is best practice?  Which one do you prefer?

1. 1 NIC Facing publicly on a separate ISP.  Dedicated Public IP.

2. 2 NIC's.  (Dedicated Public IP and Internal IP Address).

3. 1 NIC (Internal IP) Behind current ASG.

I know it seems like a simple question and answer but I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks. [:D]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Hello,

thanks for your interest in ACC.

We do not recommend putting a central management system - such as ACC, at the frontline, e.g. directly at your Internet access point.

Although, ACC itself is protected by a concentric firewall, it has no additional active security (Portscan Detection, IPS).

Regards,
    Henning
Children
No Data