This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ACC2.1 portscan

Hi , 

I install an ACC2.1 in a DMZ behind an Astaro ASG320 in version 7.5.04 and every 4 hours i have a portscan detected by the ASG without any reason . Did you know if the ACC do something every 4 hours (update , connection to Astaro site ) .
I 'm looking about the accounting logs and i can see a lot of UDP packets with an incremental of the  ports for each requests .
Thanks for your help
Regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Henning ,

thanks for your answer ,i'm trying to test the fonctionnality of up2date cache of the  ACC in version 2.1 and an ASG320 in version 7.504 . the 2 machines are in the same subnet and ii doesn't work .
    The ACC is behind the ASG for the connection to Internet without proxy,just a masquerading . The logs up2date of the ASG indicates  a problem of idenditification with the up2date servers . But the connection and the shared secret between the ASG and the ACC are good .Do you have an idea about this problem ?
    Best regards
  • Hello,

the Up2Date Cache on the ACC is basically acting as an HTTP(S) proxy with some added logic to work with Astaro Up2Date(s) and to prevent duplicate caching.

Here are some things you could check:

• please make sure to add the ASG's DMZ interface address to the list of Allowed Networks of the ACC Up2Date Cache, otherwise the Cache will block those requests
    • please also ensure not to allow Any within the Up2Date Cache, otherwise it might be used as an open relay (will be fixed in ACC V2.2)
    • on your ASG you either need to open several packet-filter rules for the ACC to the Internet (e.g. HTTP, HTTPS, traceroute) or enable transparent HTTP proxy

This setup is slightly weird, as your main firewall is basically looping around the internal ACC to get its Up2Date from the outside ;-)

Anyway, this should work - please let us know if there are still problems.

Thanks for using ACC and be sure to stick around for ACC V2.2 - there will be several new features included which should make your life as an administrator more enjoyable!

Regards and have a nice weekend,
    Henning
  • Hello,

the Up2Date Cache on the ACC is basically acting as an HTTP(S) proxy with some added logic to work with Astaro Up2Date(s) and to prevent duplicate caching.

Here are some things you could check:

• please make sure to add the ASG's DMZ interface address to the list of Allowed Networks of the ACC Up2Date Cache, otherwise the Cache will block those requests
    • please also ensure not to allow Any within the Up2Date Cache, otherwise it might be used as an open relay (will be fixed in ACC V2.2)
    • on your ASG you either need to open several packet-filter rules for the ACC to the Internet (e.g. HTTP, HTTPS, traceroute) or enable transparent HTTP proxy

This setup is slightly weird, as your main firewall is basically looping around the internal ACC to get its Up2Date from the outside ;-)

Anyway, this should work - please let us know if there are still problems.

Thanks for using ACC and be sure to stick around for ACC V2.2 - there will be several new features included which should make your life as an administrator more enjoyable!

Regards and have a nice weekend,
    Henning
Children
No Data