This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VPN configuration with ACC is not very useful

I don't know if i cannot find it, but is there a possibility to create VPNs between Astaro Gateways with other networks then local connected to these machines?

Example:

10.110.0.0/24 (local interface) - 

If not, it is completly useless!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • At the moment it's only possible to use local connected networks for creating a vpn.

I hope that it's possible to use other networks in one of the next releases...

Regards, Mario
  • Hi,

thanks for your feedback and for using Astaro Command Center.

We are (painfully) aware of the network usage limitations within the IPSec VPN wizard.

What kind of network definitions would you require? Would it be sufficient to utilize the global definitions which can be created within ACC?

Thanks and regards,
    Henning
  • Hi,

For me I miss both local network such as VPN pools and local group such as Uplink addresses. Additional networks can be managed from the ACC with a bit of planning. But only global definitions would not be sufficient, unfortunately.

\ aste
  • To make it perfect, PKI should be managed on ACC!

With networks it should be possible to add global network definitions to the central VPN configuration managed by ACC and also network definitions managed on the local machines.

I don't know if it is a big issue, but ACC should collect some definitions (networks for instance) from the ASLs.
  • Just ran into the wizard's limitation myself.  My need is to tunnel in remote PPtP Clients, but as it's not a local interface it doesn't seem possible.

I suppose I could delete the ACC tunnel and rebuild it, but I don't really know what I'm doing and the wizard made it too easy to not have to learn it.

._.
  • Hi,

we'd like to thank you all for the valuable input and feedback on this matter.

The current plan is to beef up ACC's VPN wizard so it will be able to support global definitions. You can then reuse these definitions within the networks and policy parameters for the VPN.

Offering local elements such as VPN pools or the Uplink Interfaces group is tricky and cannot be covered in the current scope. For each such element the ACC would need to create a mirror object to be used on the peer Gateway in the VPN. This is what we've done originally to support directly attached networks of local interfaces.

In such a case, it would be prudent to use the global definition functionality in ACC and create the respective VPN pool objects per device as global networks. You can then reuse those objects in the VPN wizard. Works nicely if you have a central HQ where you need to provide access to a VPN pool from various satellite locations.

With the possibility to use global definitions in the VPN wizard, the  scope of possibilities will already be greatly enhanced. Future releases might deliver even more features, if the demand is high enough.

For this purpose, please utilize our feature request forum at:
    Astaro Command Center Feature Requests

Thanks again for using ACC!

Cheers,
    Henning