This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Server won't boot to CD! ACC V2

Hi all!

I have a ProLiand DL360 server, and want to install ACC V2.
But when i try to boot the CD it wont, and it just passes the "CD boot" part.

So i tried to put the CD in my laptop to see what it was trying to start on boot, and it looks to me as it is trying to start on a .html file?

The .iso filename is latest_acc_v2_software.iso, and is downloaded from the homepage today, and the MD5 check said OK to all files.

Any ideas? Do i got the wrong file?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi again all! [[:)]]

I tried to boot on the cd on another machine this morning, and the cd worked just fine.
    So i guess it must be my server.
    I have even tried burning the cd with a 4x speed, but it didn't change anything.

I don't have any other cd drive for that server, but i have a external cd drive. But then the problem is that the server is too old, and don't have any USB at all. So i tried to plugin a PCI USB card to try booting on the cd from my USB external CD drive, but it won't boot on USB. And i can't change the BIOS settings either, so i can't change it to boot on USB.

So you see guys... I ain't getting very far with all this. :S

My boss has earlier installed another version of ACC on the same server, but he cant remember how he got it installed.

I discussed with another boss if it could have something to do with the cd i was trying to boot on, and he said something about that the cd i had was "minus", and that maybe a cd that is "plus" will work... So i think that is my last hope to install ACC V2 on my server.

BAlfson:
    If i don't have to set a specific speed for the burn, then Windows 7 alows me to burn ISO images just by double-clicking them. [[:)]]

megaposer:
    I guess the cd is burned correctly since it works on my other server.

Thanks for your replies!
  • Hi again all! [[:)]]

I tried to boot on the cd on another machine this morning, and the cd worked just fine.
    So i guess it must be my server.
    I have even tried burning the cd with a 4x speed, but it didn't change anything.

I don't have any other cd drive for that server, but i have a external cd drive. But then the problem is that the server is too old, and don't have any USB at all. So i tried to plugin a PCI USB card to try booting on the cd from my USB external CD drive, but it won't boot on USB. And i can't change the BIOS settings either, so i can't change it to boot on USB.

So you see guys... I ain't getting very far with all this. :S

My boss has earlier installed another version of ACC on the same server, but he cant remember how he got it installed.

I discussed with another boss if it could have something to do with the cd i was trying to boot on, and he said something about that the cd i had was "minus", and that maybe a cd that is "plus" will work... So i think that is my last hope to install ACC V2 on my server.

BAlfson:
    If i don't have to set a specific speed for the burn, then Windows 7 alows me to burn ISO images just by double-clicking them. [[:)]]

megaposer:
    I guess the cd is burned correctly since it works on my other server.

Thanks for your replies!
Children
No Data