This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ACC Setup for failover connections

I am setting up a secondary internet connection for one of our locations for use when the primary internet connection goes down and I am having problems getting the remote location to use the fail-over network connection for Central Management and VPN.

I have setup all the necessary inclusions on the ACC server to enable central management in the gateway manager via the secondary internet connection but can't seem to get the devices to see each other.  Other than the access via the gateway device list is there anything else that should need to be done to get the location to report to ACC central management when in fail-over mode?

As for the VPN, I would like the location to initiate the VPN connection to the central ASG to minimize unnecessary overhead of unused VPN connections.  How do I configure the backup VPN connection on the ACC for the secondary WAN connection to only work when in failover mode?

Thanks for the help!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Is there a way on the ACC to designate the "uplink interfaces" instead of only physical interfaces when setting up a VPN connection?
  • Hi,

thanks for using ACC and your feedback.

I am afraid, with the current versions (ACC V2.0/V2.1) it is not possible to use uplink interfaces when configuring IPSec VPN site-2-site connections via the ACC. You might want to issue a feature request, so others requiring this functionality as well might join you in pushing the issue:

Astaro Command Center Feature Requests

We are going to investigate the uplink-failover scenario in conjunction with the Agent -> ACC connection. Maybe you can provide some more information on what happens (or not happens) when a failover takes place? Does the Agent restart/reconnect to the ACC or does it just "hang" around?

Maybe you can post the device-agent logfile from the AxG in question when forcing a failover?

Thanks again and have a nice Xmas.

Regards,
    Henning