This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[2.100] up2date fails because of missing license subscription

When I try to run up2date and I watch the live log I see the following message:

id="3713" severity="error" sys="system" sub="up2date" name="Fatal: no valid license found." 

Under "Management -> Licensing" the license file has been uploaded for quite some time. The maintenance says none. So how am I supposed to let ACC cache the ASG updates? It fails every time.

Also, when I try uploading the 2.1 update manually, it will get stuck at 99% upload but the transfer rate changes (it gets perpetually slower) and it never goes back to the up2date screen so I can press Apply on that screen, which I assume would apply the 2.1 update. Weird thing is that right above the upload status bar it will go to a login screen after sitting at 99% for about a mintue. Could I be blocked due the licensing problem as well?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi,

we checked the supplied license and the associated ID. The license is designated for use with an ACC 1000 hardware appliance for which neither the global license nor the free upcoming ACC software/virtual appliance license can be used. That is why you receive an error when trying to install such a non-hardware specific license.

Your license does not contain any Maintenance subscription, hence you are not eligible for Up2Dates.

Possible reasons:

• You did purchase a Maintenance subscription, but your reseller/partner/distributor never issued the activation key
    • You received an activation key for Gold or Platinum Maintenance/Support but never activated the key and upgraded the resulting license for your ACC 1000
    • You never actually purchased any support or maintenance contract for the ACC 1000 appliance

In any case, please contact your local reseller or distributor to clarify and rectify the situation.

If you want to use the latest upcoming version of ACC V2.1 without any Maintenance subscription you can do so by installing the sci-2.100 hardware appliance ISO (available next week). Please be aware, that you will need to backup and restore your configuration and that you still won't be able to use the Up2Date mechanism.

I guess it's all because of some mix-up?

Kind regards,
    Henning