This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[2.100] up2date fails because of missing license subscription

When I try to run up2date and I watch the live log I see the following message:

id="3713" severity="error" sys="system" sub="up2date" name="Fatal: no valid license found." 

Under "Management -> Licensing" the license file has been uploaded for quite some time. The maintenance says none. So how am I supposed to let ACC cache the ASG updates? It fails every time.

Also, when I try uploading the 2.1 update manually, it will get stuck at 99% upload but the transfer rate changes (it gets perpetually slower) and it never goes back to the up2date screen so I can press Apply on that screen, which I assume would apply the 2.1 update. Weird thing is that right above the upload status bar it will go to a login screen after sitting at 99% for about a mintue. Could I be blocked due the licensing problem as well?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi,

are you using an ACC Hardware Appliance (e.g. ACC 2000?) - in that case you would have a personalized license already. But it should be long till that license expires and it would have gold support at a minimum.

Your license looks like one we have never (at least to my knowledge) issued. I am curious, where did you actually get this one?

To help you along quickly:

There is - until end of this week - a global (mass-use) license available right here:

http://www.astaro.com/lists/Free_License-ACC-V2.txt

This one will expire by end of this year.

End of this week we will issue free personalized licenses for everyone (private, home-use, business-use). Those can be used for software and virtual installations. Further info can be found via our corporate website in due time and on our Up2Date blog or here within this UBB posting: 

https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/61/t/56815

Regarding the manual Up2Date upload: Bob is perfectly right, this is an issue with large Up2Dates and machines which do not have an abundance of memory at their disposal. 

As soon as your license issue is fixed and we make the Up2Date from 2.000->2.100 publicly available (end of this week), you can retrieve the Up2Date via the regular Up2Date mechanism. 

If you want to install today, an alternative could be copying the downloaded Up2Date to the following location on your ACC:

/var/up2date/sys/
    After some minutes the Up2Date package will show in WebAdmin and you can start the installation process.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for using ACC.

Regards,
    Henning
  • One more thing:

If you could send us your license file to acc-support@astaro.com and refer to this posting here, I would like to check the license and how it could possibly be installed on your ACC.

Thanks