This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't connect to remote ASG WebAdmin

I have a single remote ASG 7.5 that is communicating with my ACC behind my local ASG 7.5.  I can see all the details of the remote ASG with no problem.

The problem is that I CANNOT connect to the remote ASG through WebAdmin.  I get an error that it is online but is not communicating back.

The doc for the Gateway Manager does not specifiy whether or not a Packet Filter rule must be setup on the remote ASG to allow this.

Does a Packet Filter Rule or DNAT need to be configured on the remote ASG?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

sorry for the delay.

The WebAdmin of a box which is directly connected to the Internet can be reached from both, the WAN and the LAN side.

If you hide your ASG behind another ASG then you would require DNAT from the outer ASG to the inner ASG. Same applies if you want to reach your ACC from the outside, if that ACC is (hopefully) hidden behind an ASG.

So, to reach your remote ASG which is directly connected to the Internet you need to use its external WAN address or a (dynamic) DNS name which resolves to the currently assigned WAN address.

Maybe you can clarify your setup to me once again?

Thanks and regards,
    Henning
  • That makes sense!

I have installed an ASG 7.501 system as a Router at a remote location.
    Using ACC for the first time, I attempted remote administration of the remote ASG.  I now find that I cannot access the remote WebAdmin by any means other than from inside the remote ASG.

I think something is broken....!
    Does "Remote Access" through SSL or the likes have anything to do with it?
  • That makes sense!

I have installed an ASG 7.501 system as a Router at a remote location.
    Using ACC for the first time, I attempted remote administration of the remote ASG.  I now find that I cannot access the remote WebAdmin by any means other than from inside the remote ASG.

I think something is broken....!
    Does "Remote Access" through SSL or the likes have anything to do with it?
Children
  • Hi,

maybe you can describe your problem(s) in the appropriate forum for VPN related issues:

http://www.astaro.org/astaro-gateway-products/vpn-site-site-remote-access/

I am afraid, I cannot directly help you with this issue as it is not related to Astaro Command Center but general configuration problems and connectivity issues.

Apart from that: Did your configuration/setup ever work? Have you ever been able to connect to the remote ASG's WebAdmin from outside the remote location at all?

Regards,
    Henning
  • Sorry for the delay.... landed a couple of programming jobs.

I never have been able to access the remote ASG's WebAdmin externally.
    I have now dumped ACC and need to rebuild the remote ASG once I find a better system for it.

Thanks for all your help and support on this issue.
  • Just a thought here....
    When you first install ASG and are prompted to input the IP for the administration interface and you input an internal IP (one on the same subnet as the LAN), will that affect the ability to access the WebAdmin from an external source?