This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't connect to remote ASG WebAdmin

I have a single remote ASG 7.5 that is communicating with my ACC behind my local ASG 7.5.  I can see all the details of the remote ASG with no problem.

The problem is that I CANNOT connect to the remote ASG through WebAdmin.  I get an error that it is online but is not communicating back.

The doc for the Gateway Manager does not specifiy whether or not a Packet Filter rule must be setup on the remote ASG to allow this.

Does a Packet Filter Rule or DNAT need to be configured on the remote ASG?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Jcargile,

Try this, instead of makingthose packet filter rules, when you edit the Astaro device from acc in maintenance-->registration--"edit" change the SSO mode.

I assume you are at 192.168.16.x and your acc and asg are also having a 192.168.16.x address locally? if so, change the SSO mode from the default of "public ip" to "agent IP".

This will avoid having to have acc go "out" and come back "in" to the public IP of the astaro for webadmin. I have some changes in mind for the phrasing and labelling of this feature to make it more intutive in the future.

the sso mode is how ACC should login to a webadmin for a device when you push the "webadmin" button from numerous places inside ACC. you'll see other options there for telling it to use hostname, custom url etc... as well.
  • Hi Jcargile,

Try this, instead of makingthose packet filter rules, when you edit the Astaro device from acc in maintenance-->registration--"edit" change the SSO mode.

I assume you are at 192.168.16.x and your acc and asg are also having a 192.168.16.x address locally? if so, change the SSO mode from the default of "public ip" to "agent IP".

This will avoid having to have acc go "out" and come back "in" to the public IP of the astaro for webadmin. I have some changes in mind for the phrasing and labelling of this feature to make it more intutive in the future.

the sso mode is how ACC should login to a webadmin for a device when you push the "webadmin" button from numerous places inside ACC. you'll see other options there for telling it to use hostname, custom url etc... as well.
Children
No Data