This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Odd and Confusing Behavior

Just starting using ACC-2 for the first time yesterday.

Odd behavior - In Management->Gateway Manager (IP:4444), I can't drag-n-drop items (networks, users/groups, etc) into any of the boxes on the "Access Control" or "Device Security" Tabs.  Although what I need is listed on the left, I get the "Universal NO" symbol when dragging an item into any of the boxes.  I have to recreate a User or Host from the appropriate box.

Confusing Behavior - I just installed ASG 7.5 for a new client and want to point them to my ACC for admin purposes.  At home, I have a Dynamic IP but also have a website I host from home using ZoneEdit for DNS.  Under "Allowed Networks" shouldn't I be able to create a "DNS Host" that points to "www.mydomain.com" and it pick up on my Public IP?  Basically, this would allow external device communication with my ACC through my external IP... right?

Well, the first issue is ALL Google Chrome.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

thanks for using ACC and for reporting these issues.

Regarding the drag-and-drop issue - this is an incompatibility with Firefox 3.5 and most probably Google Chrome. The current Beta version of ACC V2.1 fixes this issue. You should be fine with FF3 or IE7 though.

As about the confusing behavior you described ... could you please check whether the DNS host information you provided can be resolved. Just navigate to Definitions >> Networks of the ACC WebAdmin. In which box of the ACC WebAdmin did you try to add the DNS host? It needs to be put within Management >> Gateway Manager >> Device Security >> Device access control (Allowed Networks).

Regards,
    Henning