This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does the ACC v2 send email alerts if tunnel is down?

Does the ACC v2 send email or any other alert like SMS or something to let you know if a vpn has gone down? I'm thinking of installing it. I've looked at the demo and can't find anything where you could configure alerts, but not sure that the demo is just locked down for security reasons.

Brian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • There are no alerts for any of the management functions, etc.  Hopefully they will add such functionality at some point.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• That would be a nice feature. What does Astaro recommend as an snmp manager, or device that can alert when a vpn is down? I wonder what others are using. I've tried what's up gold, and it gives me false positives. Same with Spiceworks. I've tried tweaking the intervals and amount of retries, but still get false alerts saying remote IP's are unavailable. I've also allowed all icmp on the firewalls, and the IPS thresholds. Thanks

Brian
  • Hi,

thanks for your interest in ACC. As Bruce stated correctly, ACC currently offers no alerting functionality for events. There is a pending feature request:

Send custom notification

For now, most users employ the help of NagiOS to mitigate the missing alerting functionality.

Regards,
    Henning