This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

using ACC as Up2Date Cache

I've tried to use ACC2 as Up2Date Cache. 

In ACC I can switch on this functionality, and in my Astaro's I can activate the Use of Up2Date Cache. 
I think I have just to check the Box "Use configurad ACCC as Up2Date cache".
But my Astaros are still loading all of their Up2Dat Packages directly from the Astaro-Servers via Internet. Connecting to the ACC works fine.

In ACC I don't have a chance to see if the UP2Date Cache is really working. Also Im unablöe to see which Packages the Machine is holding on their own disk

Is anyone out there having the Up2Date-Cache mechanism up and (real!!) running?

I neet this function because from time to time Ii have to "fill-up" some Astaros simultaneously with their Up2Dates before they are installed in the field

Thanks in Advance
Thil

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

please check both boxes in the respective device configuration:

• Use an Up2Date Cache
    • Use configured ACC server as ...

If you only check one, the device will still directly connect to the Up2Date Servers. The configuration dialog is known to be unintuitive [:@]

Here are things to check for:

• Up2Date Cache live log in the ACC WebAdmin
    • Check which packages are cached on the ACC (see below)

To check cached packages on the ACC you currently need to go command line and execute the following script command:

/var/mdw/scripts/u2dcache dump

Hope that helps.

Please contact us if you still encounter any problems.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • it doesn't matter if I activate one or both of the Checkboxes..

Hope, one of the next ACC-Releases has some unser-friendly fetures for Cache-configuration and monitoring. 

ACC1.4 was more intuitive ;-(
  • Hello,

we really want to help you with getting everything running.

The Up2Date Cache DOES work nicely.

The only thing ACC V1.4 offered which ACC V2 does not have is the overview of cached packages within the GUI - but most administrators did not use that excess functionality. The configuration of the devices for usage of the Up2Date cache has not changed - it has always been the two-box issue.

Please check both of the boxes in the Up2Date dialog on the device, then try the following on the command-line of your device and post the output in this thread and/or please send it to us at acc-support@astaro.com.

# cc get up2date
    # audld.plx --level d

On your ACC installation, please perform the following commands and send the output to us together with the file /var/log/u2dcache.log

# cc get u2dcache

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
    Henning