This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ACC v2 on ASG220 Revision 1/2

Hi,
its possible to install ACC v2 on old ASG220 Hardware?

Since the Upgrade-Programm to newer ASG Hardware i have the old ASG Hardware in my office. Now i want to use this as our ACC Server.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

thanks for your request. 

Be aware that the 512 MB will probably limit you not only in terms of number of devices and concurrent users, but also possible future features.

If you just want to "play" a bit for maybe 10-15 devices and 1-2 admins at a time, you can certainly use it for now.

Please also see a previous thread: 

https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/61/t/56783

Cheers,
    Henning
  • IMHO there's just not enough memory in there to use it in production... fine for "playing" ... try deploying it on a VMWare VM ...

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Ok, i read also the the other thread about this.
    For 5-10 ASG its ok with 512MB RAM.

I have test it with the "ACC Software", but i get an error on installing "non ASG Software on ASG hardware".
    Second i used the ASI with "ACC Hardware", but there also failed with simply "Installation faild. Please remove the CD-ROM".

Its any that i have to observe?
  • Hi,

please check if the following file still exists on your ASG 220 appliance:

/etc/asg

If that is the case, please backup and remove the file, then retry the installation of the ACC Software ISO on your ASG 220 appliance.

Regards,
    Henning
  • Hi,

please check if the following file still exists on your ASG 220 appliance:

/etc/asg

If that is the case, please backup and remove the file, then retry the installation of the ACC Software ISO on your ASG 220 appliance.

Regards,
    Henning
Children
No Data