This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Possible to install ACC on 220 v1 Hardware?

I just upgraded from a v1 220 to a v2 version so that I'd have an appropriate amount of memory to upgrade to 7.4.

Rather than just throwing the v1 unit away, I was wondering if it might be possible to install ACC on it? 

Thought I'd ask before spending hours trying to do it--only to find out it wouldn't work in the first place.  [:D]

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I'm not sure (probably), but if not, don't throw it away!
    You can run the software version of Astaro on it with a home user license.

There are probably people here who would be interested in it for home or licensed-software use if you don't want it.

Barry
  • I actually thought of that (home use), but according to Astaro they "blacklist" the serial number and it cannot be used any longer--they told me to just toss it.  [:S]

Seems like a waste of perfectly good hardware--not to mention not very environmentally friendly--so thought it might be a good way to install ACC, rather than putting it on our VMWare ESX server.
  • It would probably install; but due to the same memory limitations, may not be a good choice for that job.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• The serial # is only blacklisted for the Appliance software; you can still use a non-appliance version with another commercial or home license. 
    There's several people here doing so.

Barry
  • Hi there guys, 

yes you should be able to that, 512MB if RAM will be good to manage appr 10-15 devices with 1-2 administrators. 

regards
    Gert
Reply Children
No Data