This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[1.903] Monitoring behavior of expired subscriptions [FEATURE]

Hi,

in my opinion, the status displayed by my ACC is not correct.
As you can see on picture ACC_1.jpg the license status is yellow and the license configuration is displayed in picture ACC_2.jpg.

This time we decided to renew only ManintenaceGold and Secureweb (ImP2p was automaticaly extended) so EmailEncryption and SecureEmail are expired but this
is not a resaon why the status should be yellow (pre alert).
It seems that ACC is not able to manage the license timed out and not voluntarily renewed.

What is your opinion?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

the ACC can impossibly know the difference between "regular" license/subscription expiration and "unwanted" renewal of such aspects. You need these subscriptions aspects completely removed from the license.

Regards,
    Henning
  • Hello,

the ACC can impossibly know the difference between "regular" license/subscription expiration and "unwanted" renewal of such aspects. You need these subscriptions aspects completely removed from the license.

Regards,
    Henning
Children
  • Ok megaposer,

but how can I remove these subscriptions? Simply removing the lines on the license text file?
    I think it is not possible....
  • Hi,

thanks a lot for your report and your feedback.

I apologize - of course you cannot do that yourself, it would invalidate the license. It should have been removed when we supplied a new license to you. As the people issuing or renewing licenses are not aware of the fact that ACC is checking expired subscriptions, they will leave the previous subscriptions in the license so you can more easily renew them at a later time.

I do not know if it is possible from a business point of view to change the way how the licenses are generated and renewed or if we can selectively disable certain subscriptions. I guess there is a reason why they remain in the license.

We will investigate and come back to you.

The only other solution would be integrating some special handling for expired subscriptions in the ACC, so we do not raise an alert if a subscription has expired for more than X days. This we need to check as well.

Regards,
    Henning
  • Hi megaposer,

thanks a lot for your answer and your interest.
    I like the ACC and I want to contribute in order to improve it.

I think that, as in my case, if I don't renew a feature then the overall license should have this feature labeled as "not licensed".
    Astaro license manager (on myastaro) gives the license with the date timedout instead of "not licensed".

If it were possible to mark a feature as "not licensed" then ACC could be able to understand it and show the right status.

If this is not possible (by a business point of view), I think that your solution is the best to achieve our target...

Regards

Massimo.
  • It would be nice to have the ability to check and uncheck tracking of the webfilter and email filter licensing in ACC.  That would make it accurate in this case.

RR