This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[1.901] high load on ACC due to legacy agents

hello

I use acc on an ESX server IBM x346 with a direct public IP. I monitor with it nearly 20 asg 7

The Cpu off this VM is always near 90 % for ESX and 100% for acc.
network usage varry between 2M in down and 1.5 M in up all the time.

at the begining I think that it dl all astaro patch but in one month it alway overload.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • did u do a normal install w/ image or use the VA?

i run the VA on ESX w/ 40+ devices, no perf-prob at all..

rgds
  • maybee... I have run a normal installe. vmware tools are include in the normal install

my astaro partner ask mee to open a case support.
  • Hi,

the network usage indicates that this is a configuration problem, because with 20 devices the usage should not exceed dual-ISDN bandwidth (128 kbit/sec) requirements.

Please ensure that you correctly configured all devices which you want to manage with the new ACC V1.9. I suspect there are some renegade devices which still are trying to connect in the "legacy" style. Those could be responsible for the high CPU load because they constantly connect, get disconnected and reconnect again. 

Could you please provide the logfile of your ACC V1.9 ... we can then identify the devices which are misbehaving. You can also check the configuration on those devices, whether the settings state that they try to connect to an ACC V1.4 instead of an ACC V1.9.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • yes that it. we remove all off our old ASG acc 1.4 config and now we have normal load.

thank
  • Hi,

glad it worked out.

Be advised that we adjusted the legacy device-agent contained in 7.304 so it will no longer cause excessive load anymore when wrongly configured to connect to a new ACC V1.9.

Cheers,
    Henning
Reply Children
No Data