This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ACC 1.9 on VMware ESXi?

Has anyone had any luck getting ACC 1.9 to run on ESXi server? 

It seems ESXi requires a .ovf to import a prebuilt VMware appliance into it. The painfully vague directions  in the readme.txt and the script talked about in the readme don't work and leave many questions about getting this to work. 

Any help would be great. 

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • It seems you can use the ovftool from vmware to convert the current version to a .ovf. However you have to do the follow for it to not error out on the convertion and it's going to take a good long time to import to the ESXi server.. But so far its importing correctly. I'll post again once I've tested it fully but so far here is the steps..

1: Download ACC 1.9 ESX v3, Unzip it.. 
    2: Download ovftools and unzip in the same folder. VMware OVF EULA - VMware
    3: Make a new folder under the one you've now got called "acc_ovf"
    4: Edit the ACC_1.900_esx_v3.vmx file and change "ide1:0.present = "TRUE"" to FALSE and save the changes (If this works  you can just add it later after the import)
    5[:$]pen a command prompt to that folder
    6: run this "ovftool ACC_1.900_esx_v3.vmx  acc_ovf/ACC_1.900_esx_v3.ovf"
    7: Once the convert it complete you should have a .ovf file and a single .vmdk file around 979meg or so...
    8: Open your VM Client and goto file /virtual app/import, select the .ovf file import and select your newly converted file..
    9: Wait for 20 + minutes for it to install (might be faster on others machines, I'm running a junker whitebox w/ 100mb nic in it just to test this thing..

OK.. While writing this it's competed the import and booted. Everything looks good so far. I'll post again here in a few with the final results...
  • It seems Winimage is an ISO tool. I don't think it'll help with a ESX to ESXi convert. I've yet to get have time to test my install but it's been running all day and hasn't locked up or anything at least.
  • for me works this:
    download acc iso
    scp iso to ESX 
    create new machine
    mount iso on new maschine
    power on new maschine 
    and 10min later acc runs [:)]

Gregor Kemter
Reply Children
No Data