This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[1.401] logfiles for login

hello!

i searched for the "local loging or web login" log files in the acc 1401, however i did not find it. i need to save this log failes daily to an smb share or send it trough smtp to our public folder. 

would be perfect if onyone can give me a how to walkthrough!

thank you

best regards.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

you can have a look at the following files:

Console logins:

/var/log/login.log

Frontend logins:

/var/log/webcenter.log

Cheers
  • thank you very much. i found these log files however i did not use "su command" so I only saw it empty. my last problem is that i am not able to mount my windows share .. tried it to mount with mount -t smbfs oder mount -f ntfs -> error message was that, both are not supported by this kernel. 

i do net have much knowledge about linux syntax. is there an easy way to connect to my shared folder?

thank you
  • Hi,

I have to say that giving this information within this UBB is out of our support scope. Additionally it also involves "hacking" the product where we cannot render any assistance. 

Regards,
    Henning
  • hello

sorry for my late post. had much to do in the last days.

it is a pitty that this is not supported. i do not think that i am the only one who simple wants to get out these log files. it`s the same thing to store the asg log files (pptp, smtp,etc.) on a smb share or simple to save it down to a gz file from the web dashboard.

is this supported in the new acc ? 

thanks
  • If you take a look at "Logging" > "Settings" there are a few options for logging. I have mine FTP to a local server for storage. I'm not sure about the model you are running, but this works well for me. I also setup a syslog server but the noise was a little to much to deal with when I get everything I need from the archived log files.
  • If you take a look at "Logging" > "Settings" there are a few options for logging. I have mine FTP to a local server for storage. I'm not sure about the model you are running, but this works well for me. I also setup a syslog server but the noise was a little to much to deal with when I get everything I need from the archived log files.
Children