This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[1.900] External ASG connection fails [CHECKING]

Hello,

when I try to connect an external device to the ACC 1.9, installed in our internal network, the  external device reports this failure: ACC SSL-connect: 'IO::Socket::INET configuration failederror:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)'.

Up to last week, the ACC 1.4 was installed instead the 1.9, the connection between the external ASG and the internal ACC was stable.

Edit:
Monitoring the network, I found the following packets:

Source             Dest              Info
ASG Intern        ACC              37277 > 4433  PSH, ACK
ACC                 ASG Intern     4433 > 37277  ACK

ASG Extern       ACC               59873 > 4433 SYN

It seems, the external ASG could establish a connection to the ACC over DNAT, but the ACC will not answer.
Thank you for your help.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

we have heightened security measures in the new ACC V1.9.

Please check whether you added the device in question (network range or host IP) to the allowed networks in the following menu within the ACC V1.9 WebAdmin:

Management >> Gateway Manager >> Device Security

You can check the packet-filter logfile on the ACC as well.

Regards,
    Henning
  • Hi,

we have heightened security measures in the new ACC V1.9.

Please check whether you added the device in question (network range or host IP) to the allowed networks in the following menu within the ACC V1.9 WebAdmin:

Management >> Gateway Manager >> Device Security

You can check the packet-filter logfile on the ACC as well.

Regards,
    Henning
Children
  • Hi Hennig,

meanwhile, I have realized your tips, but I regret to inform you, that the communication between the external ASG (meanwhile version 7.303) denies the connection to the ACC 1.9 with the message "2008:10:20-22:42:33 (none) device-agent[13155]: ACC connection failure, retrying (ip=myASG, port=4433). SSL-connect: 'IO::Socket::INET configuration failederror:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)'"

The DNAT Rule on "myASG" is defined as follows:

Name:                   ACC
    Position:                6
    Traffic Source:       Any
    Traffic Service:      Astaro Command Center
    Traffic Destination: Extern
    NAT Mode:            DNAT
    Destination:           myACC.local

I have tried to get a connection with and without "Require Authentication" in the Gateway Manager - Device Security.

Regards,
    Alfred
  • Hi,

the error message is independent of the pre-shared key authentication mode, you would receive another message in this case.

You still have a connection problem. Either your intermediate ASG does not properly forward the traffic to the ACC (have you aligned a corresponding packet-filter rule on the ASG which does the DNAT?) or the ACC still blocks the traffic itself.

I can offer that we look into this matter if you provide you with access to the devices and the ACC in question. You can arrange access with our Support Department. Or you post some more logfile snippets from the respective packet-filter logfiles.

Regards,
    Henning
  • Hi Henning,

thank you for your offer. I will redesign my internal network within the next weeks and bring the ASG and ACC on an ESX-Server. If the ACC will not work with the external device again, I will come back to your offer.
  • Hi Henning,

after the installation of the ACC at a new virtual device with VMware Server 2.0, it works without any problems with any devices.

The problems occurred in a VMware Workstation installation. 

Thank you for your help,