This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[1.900] Licence Reporting [ACKNOWLEDGED]

We have an account where the client has not renewed their Secureweb licence, but their Mail and Maintenance is uptodate.  This results in the Gateway Manager displaying a red bar, instead of the desired green bar (the client will not renew SecureWeb in the future).

How can this behaviour be overridden?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello,

at the moment this behavior cannot overridden. It would be difficult to automate or making it configurable for each subscription. 

One solution we might think of is NOT complaining about an expired license anymore, when it has expired for more than 90 days (or 6 months or whatever). After such a period of time the customer is obviously no longer interested in renewing the subscription and does not want to get any more warnings about it either.

I know for sure that neither our Sales nor Marketing department would like such a solution though, because your customer should definitely renew his license ... [:P]

Cheers,
    Henning
  • 6 months is a bit long.  The thing that should be considered is that as the device is being monitored, then everyone involved is aware of the licence expiry.  I appreciate that it might be difficult to allow local override, but if we plan to allow a period of grace, then 60 days should be plenty.
  • You already haggle about that feature as it was a proven fact that we will implement it that way [:$]

Just kidding. We really take that request seriously and we will be looking for ways to include such an improvement in one of the next Up2Dates.

Once again, thanks for pointing out this issue.
  • I'd actually prefer 30 day limit.  Big red marks in ACC for expired licenses we have no intention of renewing is annoying.  Can you make it user configurable? (Globally, not per device).
  • Hi,

we have to evaluate how we can cope with this issue. Might take some time as it probably will not fit in the upcoming maintenance up2date 1.901 (no definite schedule yet).

Cheers,
    Henning