This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[1.900] ACC 1.9 required central management settings

I just added 1.9 to my ACC, I have also updated my ASG's to 7.300.

I am getting the following error message in the live log on the ACC 1.9

2008:09:10-22:31:49 (none) device-agent[17180]: ACC connection failure, retrying (ip=10.1.1.70, port=4433). SSL-connect: 'IO::Socket::INET configuration failederror:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)' 
2008:09:10-22:32:04 (none) device-agent[17180]: ACC connection failure, retrying (ip=10.1.1.70, port=4433). SSL-connect: 'IO::Socket::INET configuration failederror:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)' 
2008:09:10-22:32:19 (none) device-agent[17180]: ACC connection failure, retrying (ip=10.1.1.70, port=4433). SSL-connect: 'IO::Socket::INET configuration failederror:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)' 
2008:09:10-22:32:34 (none) device-agent[17180]: ACC connection failure, retrying (ip=10.1.1.70, port=4433). SSL-connect: 'IO::Socket::INET configuration failederror:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)' 
2008:09:10-22:32:49 (none) device-agent[17180]: ACC connection failure, retrying (ip=10.1.1.70, port=4433). SSL-connect: 'IO::Socket::INET configuration failederror:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)' 

Any thoughts?

-J

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

you need to switch your device configuration to ACC V1.9, please see the section ACC Settings in Management >> Central Management on your respective devices.
    [SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]
    Please specify the managing ACC's version and the host definition used for connection to the same.

There are two different modes available, one is to connect to a legacy ACC V1.4 and the other to connect to the new ACC V1.9.

This should be it.

Regards,
    Henning
  • sorry I forgot to mention that already did that on my 425. Do I need to turn something on in the ACC?

where in the ACC would I see my 425?

-J
  • also i noticed the connection status on my 425  under ACC health is red.

-J
  • Well, then, it seems that either an intermediate router/firewall or more likely the ACC itself blocks the connection attempts from your ASG 425.

Have you added the source IP or address range of the ASG 425 in the following setting within the ACC WebAdmin?

Management >> Gateway Manager >> Device Security

You need to add networks or hosts in the Allowed Networks box within the Device access control.

For additional security only devices contained in Allowed Networks are able to connect to the Gateway Manager.
  • Even though this thread is very old I want to thank you megaposer.

This worked for me. 

I think it's kind of funny because it says for ADDITIONAL Security add networks here. Well shouldn't it work anyway without adding the networks here? I thought if you don't add networks here all networks work but only if you add networks here only the added networks work.

Well, guess i got that wrong.

The main thing is that it works now. :-) Thanks.
  • Hi,

glad my year-old ramblings are helping people out there! [:D]

The rationale with Allowed Network boxes pretty much always is: If the box is empty, nothing will be able to use the related service. Just compare it to the WebAdmin settings where you can decide which machines might have access to the WebAdmin.

To have a secure default, you basically do not allow anything. Then you need to think about acceptable risk and open up/allow those things in which you deem trustworthy enough.

And just to add to the Monday-morning-nitpicking-rant I am already in, the line says:

For additional security only devices contained in Allowed Networks are able to connect to the Gateway Manager.
    I am sorry and a bit surprised this confuses people, but the message should be clear: Only devices in the box can connect, the rest is forbidden. If the box is empty, rest assured (no pun intended) nothing will get in.

Thanks for your post - you have made my day! [:)]

Cheers,
    Henning