This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Service/Network Monitoring - Guerrilla Marketing Poll

Folks,

I am having so much fun with all those new nifty enhancements in the ACC V1.9 BETA that we are already thinking of the future.

1) Service Monitoring

You have seen the first version of the Service Monitoring. Generally, what do you think of it? What would you like to change there? What should we add?

• more subservices per major service (e.g. PPTP in NetSec?)
  • more major services, e.g. IM/P2P and VOIP

2) Network Monitoring

Currently we have network monitoring functionality within the Resource section where you can see all configured hardware interfaces, their status and their throughput via mouse-over. Within the detailed view of each device you can see all interfaces for this device at a glance.

• Would you embrace the idea of a separate Network section listview where we might show as many interfaces as possible per device (I guess no more than 8 will fit), instead of using the mouse-over functionality.

• Or would you rather have some checking on the used bandwidth for each interface (e.g. by using specified QoS values per interface) and incorporate this into the level calculation?

Expecting your feedback and thanks for participating in the ACC V1.9 BETA in such an active manner!

[FONT=Verdana]
Cheers,
Henning

[/FONT]__________________
[SIZE=1]Henning Pfeiffer
Division Manager ACC
Astaro AG
[/SIZE]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents

• more subservices per major service (e.g. PPTP in NetSec?)
    • more major services, e.g. IM/P2P and VOIP

Main services would be great, or can you somehow gather top services from the ASG device and display those? Configurable?

• Would you embrace the idea of a separate Network section listview where we might show as many interfaces as possible per device (I guess no more than 8 will fit), instead of using the mouse-over functionality.

• Or would you rather have some checking on the used bandwidth for each interface (e.g. by using specified QoS values per interface) and incorporate this into the level calculation?

I'd go option 2.

Ways to monitor top services and src/dst for bandwidth is always usefull.
  • I would like to see a report on the static VPNs.  Up or down and the name of the connection.
  • Having lines joining VPN locations on the world map would be neat.
    Red for down, green for up etc...
  • Cool, thank you people for your feedback so far.

@Simon: What do you mean by "main services" or "top services"? Are you talking about network accounting of TCP/UDP/whatever services whereas I am talking about "processes" belonging to Services like the HTTP-Proxy or POP3-Proxy?

Regarding VPN monitoring, we are currently pondering whether it would be better to include those in the "Service Monitoring" area or if it is a whole different can o'worms and we arrange it somehow else.
  • Cool, thank you people for your feedback so far.

@Simon: What do you mean by "main services" or "top services"? Are you talking about network accounting of TCP/UDP/whatever services whereas I am talking about "processes" belonging to Services like the HTTP-Proxy or POP3-Proxy?

Regarding VPN monitoring, we are currently pondering whether it would be better to include those in the "Service Monitoring" area or if it is a whole different can o'worms and we arrange it somehow else.
Children
  • Hi,

the status of all VPN is a really good idea if this is possible maybe you could add the VPN detailed Overview like it is in the ASG but it only make sense for me if all tunnels are shown.

The wizzard to configure a tunnel in ACC is not real useable for us now, we do not use the predefined Policys and no auth by rsa key. 
    So i have to define the tunnel in ACC and "tune" it on every ASG, in addition that we can monitor only tunnels defined  in ACC  the whole tool is not my way at this state. [:(]

The monitoring of VPN tunnels for us needs to show all tunnel. For now there are 20 VPNs and only 3 of them are ASG to ASG, the rest is zyxel, cisco, nortel and others.

By the way some of our ASG have 12 NICs inside one Gateway.

Thanks
    firebear