This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Time Zone Issue

How do you set the proper Time Zone on ACC?  It apparently is on Berlin time, as it says I'm trying to schedule events to happen in the past, when they aren't!

To Add:  I just fixed it by hand... went into console and relinked the localtime file to the proper timezone (US/Eastern in my case), and edited the /etc/sysconfig/clock file as well.  Rebooted for good measure.  This really should be something settable via the Webadmin.  I've never installed ACC from an ISO, only installed it as a VMWare image, so perhaps during setup from the ISO setting the Timezone is possible, but not from webadmin once it's installed.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Yeah, I think you'd probably be able to lift the code for doing this from the Version 7 codebase.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

Children
  • Hi,

Only partially, otherwise we already would have added this feature. Problem is, ACC V1.x is pre-ASG V7 era and although the frontend has the same looks, it is not (yet) the same codebase. Last but not least, as ACC is a wholly different "application" than ASG, we neither have a confd nor a middleware on the ACC - in fact the command-server on the ACC combines this functionality.

Anyway, I think the feature really needs to be added in a future release.

Good thing you rebooted the machine as the agent-manager is doing some caching using timestamps and might get confused with the time/timezone change. To be fully on the safe side you should also remove the contents of the /var/storage/acc/ directory and reboot or restart critical services (see my new/upcoming sticky post).

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
    Henning