This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error 10403 - also on Admin

since a few days the 10403 "Permission Denied" on ALL menu items - like to contact the admin, but i am...

80+ ASL/ASG registered and fine until that prob...

seven add. users with different levels of access active - same situation

any idea?

rgds, andre

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Andre,

did you perhaps restore from a backup?

Could you please post part of /var/log/command-server.log from your ACC when trying to access pages where you get the 10403 error code. As an alternative, you can send it to our support and tell them I advised you to do so.

You could try to restart the command-server on the ACC:

# /etc/init.d/commandserver.sh stop && sleep 10 && /etc/init.d/commandserver.sh start

And you could check the following in the database:

# mysql
    > use ACC;
    > select * from PermissionGrammar where subject like '0cb0f34f%';

which should return at least 6 rows for the super admin user. If this is broken somehow, we can fix it for you.

Tell me if anything of that helps ...

And one more thing. We are pretty interested in medium to large installations of ACC regarding performance and stability. There are some issues we are currently addressing and I am wondering what kind of hardware and network infrastructure you are using for your ACC. Running 80+ devices with ACC currently requires a lot of bandwidth, in general running 100 devices will not make you happy on a 2 MBit ADSL or T1/E1 leased line. So, I am a bit curious.

Thanks and cheers,
    Henning
  • Hi Andre,

did you perhaps restore from a backup?

Could you please post part of /var/log/command-server.log from your ACC when trying to access pages where you get the 10403 error code. As an alternative, you can send it to our support and tell them I advised you to do so.

You could try to restart the command-server on the ACC:

# /etc/init.d/commandserver.sh stop && sleep 10 && /etc/init.d/commandserver.sh start

And you could check the following in the database:

# mysql
    > use ACC;
    > select * from PermissionGrammar where subject like '0cb0f34f%';

which should return at least 6 rows for the super admin user. If this is broken somehow, we can fix it for you.

Tell me if anything of that helps ...

And one more thing. We are pretty interested in medium to large installations of ACC regarding performance and stability. There are some issues we are currently addressing and I am wondering what kind of hardware and network infrastructure you are using for your ACC. Running 80+ devices with ACC currently requires a lot of bandwidth, in general running 100 devices will not make you happy on a 2 MBit ADSL or T1/E1 leased line. So, I am a bit curious.

Thanks and cheers,
    Henning
Children
  • Hi Henning,

- no backup restore: error on all menus, also on maintenance/backup... - dont' know the way to restore an encrapted backup via shell...

- stop/start commandserver: no effect; rebootet whole system some times before...

- mysql statement brings up 6 rows...

know that the hw is now to small - growed up from 20 connected systems to these more than 80; hw-upgrade planned, but time... u know!
    it's a PIV/2.8 with 1GB on a 2MB line; know that this is not perfect, but ok for basic monitoring and SSO

contact via pn or email if u are interested to access the system...

regards, andre
  • add:

log shows the error:

2007:11:16-15:28:33 (none) command-server: Registering miscellaneous RPC methods...
    2007:11:16-15:28:33 (none) command-server: Finished registering 122 RPC methods!
    2007:11:16-15:29:05 (none) command-server: std::ios::failure: basic_ios::clear(iostate) caused exception
    2007:11:16-15:29:05 (none) command-server: disconnect(): ios failure basic_ios::clear(iostate) caused exception
    2007:11:16-15:29:05 (none) command-server: [EventScheduler::initEvents] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1
    2007:11:16-15:29:05 (none) command-server: [RPCClient::mark_bad] connection marked as bad 1 times.
    2007:11:16-15:29:27 (none) command-server: CClientSession::login() admin login request 
    2007:11:16-15:29:27 (none) command-server: CClientSession::login() admin login success 
    2007:11:16-15:29:29 (none) command-server: CClientSession::receive() error encountered while processing : Insufficient rights/roles, access denied! Your Administrator can assign you any of the following roles to grant you access to this area: "ASG Device Monitoring" (10403) on dispatching request 
    2007:11:16-15:29:33 (none) command-server: CClientSession::receive() error encountered while processing : Insufficient rights/roles, access denied! Your Administrator can assign you any of the following roles to grant you access to this area: "ACC System Management" (10403) on dispatching request 

rgds, a.
  • Hi Andre,

please arrange transfer of login credentials via our support department and refer to me  as point of contact.

Regarding your current hardware and network bandwidth, I am a bit surprised that 80+ devices work on your 2 MBit line. Is it an E1 line or SDSL? The hardware itself (P4, 1 GB RAM) is quite fine for this many devices and should not pose a bottleneck, though.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • hi henning,

credentials are on the way...
    2MBit are really a mess - guess the "offline" prob described earlier is related there! (E1 at the moment, had to switch off u2d-cache bec. of the small uplink..)
    but will be updated to 4x4 sdsl beginning of nxt yr!

rgds, andre
  • Hi Andre,

yes, the offline problem is definitely related to your 2 MBit line. We are currently working hard on improving scalability of ACC and to reduce its hunger for bandwidth - but this will not make it into the next Up2Dates of the V1 release branch. So I have to ask you to be patient for some time. The 4x4 SDSL will certainly alleviate the symptoms.

Thanks for sticking with us and providing valuable feedback.

I will have a look on your machine as soon as possible and investigate the 10403 issue.

Cheers,
    Henning