This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ACC problem since one week

Since few days i have a problem that my Astaro installations cannot connect to the ACC anymore. I am using the pre-installed VMware appliance.

All systems were appearing as Offline.

When i try to re-enable the Remote Management Feature on my Astaro boxes, Webadmin crashes and for 5 minutes i cannot connect via Browser.

I've already removed all entries on the ACC server to add the Firewalls again but the same problem: webadmin crashes on the ASGs.

What is the problem here? I had running also the packet filter log, so there is no problem at all!

No changes since last time it was running, of course!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

which version of ASG are we talking about? 
    Sounds like ASG V6.3 devices?

Can you post part of the agent-manager.log from the ACC when you try to get an ASG to re-connect?

Thanx,
    Henning
  • Yes, but the offline devices where a mixture of 7.011 and 6.311 devices!

The webmin crashes were on two 6.311 device, i haven't tried another.

I'll try to get a log.
  • ssh is not possible, i've enabled ssh in the webadmin configuration  but if i do an iptables -L on the vmware console, there is no ssh!

Something strange is happening on this machine!

Ok, here some things from agent-manager.log

2007:11:07-20:01:55 (none) agent-manager: CAgentSessionRpcHandler::getConfigurationDevice() basic_ios::clear(iostate) caused exception on device.getConfigurationDevice 
    2007:11:07-20:01:55 (none) agent-manager: CAgentSession::refresh() agent has disconnected 
    2007:11:07-20:01:58 (none) agent-manager: CAgentSessionRpcHandler::getConfigurationDevice() basic_ios::clear(iostate) caused exception on device.getConfigurationDevice 
    2007:11:07-20:01:58 (none) agent-manager: CAgentSession::refresh() agent has disconnected 

There are thousands of this entries, also if the machine was running correctly.

After removing all entries, these messages appear very often:
    2007:11:07-10:18:31 (none) agent-manager: CAgentSession::revision() basic_ios::clear(iostate) caused exception 

A few minutes later the error from above were written into the log file.

This ACC is not very reliable, my feeling with this system is really bad at the moment because of the SingleSignOn feature and possible software errors on this technology. It smells like buffer overflows are possible!
  • Hi,

thanks for your feedback. Regarding the issues you reported:

1) WebAdmin locks when trying to connect to ACC

Can you isolate your connection problem to ASG V6.3 devices?
    Here is a possible workaround for you to get those V6.3 devices to connect:

- create a definition for the ACC server in WebAdmin
    - edit /etc/wfe/conf/device-agent on this V6.3 device

[global]
    kicked = 0
    server = YOUR_DEFINITION_NAME_GOES_HERE
    status = 1

- call /var/mdw/scripts/device-agent restart

The WebAdmin on V6.3 is doing an SSL fingerprint retrieval from the ACC server. The workaround circumvents the fingerprint check.

2) SSH access not possible on ACC vmware

- please verify that /etc/cm/system.conf contains an entry SSHSTATUS="1"
    - please verify # netstat -anptl | grep sshd yields a listening entry for sshd

3) SSO feature

You say:

"... my feeling with this system is really bad at the moment because of the SingleSignOn feature"

Is SSO causing you trouble or do you just not like the idea of logging into devices from an ACC? You can deactivate SSO access to devices by removing the "Device Configuration role" from the respective ACC user, if that makes you feel better.

4) ACC reliability

There are certain limitations one can use the ACC for - depending on your network infrastructure and hardware/vmware resources. It would really be helpful if you could provide the following information:

- number of devices alltogether/V6.3/V7 connecting to your ACC
    - bandwith and internet link characteristics from the devices to your ACC
    - memory and CPU resources for your ACC vmware instance
    - hardware of your host system

Regards
  • We are having the same issue here with 5- 6.3 devices.  No changes were made.  Other 6.3 devices can report into the ACC fine.  Manually configuring the ACC server seems to work on the ASG side, but the device never appears on the registration tab. This was all working a month ago and most devices have had no configuration changes aside from Up2Dates. [:@]
  • Hi,

please post some logfile excerpts from the time you are trying to connect with your devices.

From the ASG please supply: /var/log/device-agent.log
    From the ACC please supply: /var/log/agent-manager.log

Thanks and regards
  • Hi,

please post some logfile excerpts from the time you are trying to connect with your devices.

From the ASG please supply: /var/log/device-agent.log
    From the ACC please supply: /var/log/agent-manager.log

Thanks and regards
Children