This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wierd problem with ASG 110 and ACC

Running an ASG 110, Version 7.005 and an ACC Server running Version 1.400:

I just installed an ASG 110 at a customer site, and for some reason, ACC does not seem to like it much; While it shows up under "Registration" as confirmed, it never ever shows up in the Dashboard in ACC.  Also noticed that the Version field is never populated either.  The "IP Address" field is correctly populated; but the "Public IP Address" field has "n/a" there, where it should have the same IP address.  At first I thought maybe it's because it's on a DSL connection (PPOE), but then I realized I have another 7.005 system that works just fine with the same ACC Server (all the fields are appropriately populated, and it shows up in the Dashboard OK).  I tried disabling ACC on the ASG, and deleting the ASG out of ACC manually... then re-adding it... same problem.  I've attached a sanitized excerpt from the Device agent on the affected ASG, if that helps.  The "can't find accu" info entries are interesting; while this unit is bare-bones (supporting only 3 ip addresses, no proxies, no AV, etc... just acting as a firewall / IPS / VPN Gateway) ... it should have some of this info, right?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

thanks for the report.

the "can't find accu" is just an unnerving reminder you will find in any ASG V7 device-agent. Those 'accu' files aren't present in V7 anymore but where there in V6. It is not the cause of your problem, it's just polluting the logfile.

If the public IP does not get populated the GeoIP lookup fails due to some reason. Might be, that the ASG cannot connect to our Up2Date servers.

If a device shows up in registration but not in any monitoring view, there is an error in initializing (parts of) the monitoring data of the device. Quite often it is related to a special license which freaks up the ACC. It would be great if you send a sanitized excerpt of the agent-mananger.log from the ACC itself. You can find the respective lines by matching the device GUID (which you can get from /etc/guid on the respective ASG 110). Or you can send the whole logfile to our support department, so I can have a look.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • I think the ASG in question can connect; the pattern updates are up2date..

I'll go into the ACC and get the log information you requested.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Here's the logs, sanitized--I went through much of it, all the entries for that unit look like this.

Sophos Platinum Partner

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

sanitized.zip
  • Good morrow,

thanks for the log excerpt.

It seems there is an UPS device attached to the ASG 110 in question. The UPS device does not report its battery charge, this is where ACC fails to initialize the device. For a test, you could try to temporarily detach the UPS from the USB port of the ASG 110. 

Of course we need to find a real solution. Could you tell me vendor and model of the UPS device? Does the UPS reporting work within the WebAdmin of the ASG?

Thanks and cheers,
    Henning
  • According to the KIL for V7, UPS units, while showing up in the Dashboard, always read "0%" for capacity... that is what this unit is doing.  The UPS is an APC Back-UPS 350.  Yes, A real solution would be good!  I'd rather keep the UPS functionality working than attach this unit to ACC... so hopefully Astaro will fix the problem in the ASG.

Thanks for your input and help.

Sophos Platinum Partner

• There is a workaround in the 7.006 device-agent to cope with the "null-readings" for the battery-charge, so ACC will not throw up. You still won't get the real battery charge value, but at least the device will show up in monitoring. All I can do for now, rest must be fixed and provided in ASG base system.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • There is a workaround in the 7.006 device-agent to cope with the "null-readings" for the battery-charge, so ACC will not throw up. You still won't get the real battery charge value, but at least the device will show up in monitoring. All I can do for now, rest must be fixed and provided in ASG base system.

Cheers,
    Henning
Children
No Data