This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Allowing Communication between the Remote Security Systems and the local Management S

Hi,
This could sound like a dumb one but my ACC is not finding the remote units. The only unit it communicates with is the local one that it is behind. I am using ACC v1.4 with ASG software v7.005. Tried to follow the documentation from the site but not sure that the config that I used to allow traffic through the local ASG is working properly.

Anyone have a more current set of config info that I can use?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If the remote devices cannot connect because there is another firewall between them and the ACC, try a forwarding packet-filter rule on the intermediate system:

source: your remote device(s)
    service: define as source port(s) 1024-65535, destination port 4433
    destination: your ACC

Cheers,
    Henning
  • If the remote devices cannot connect because there is another firewall between them and the ACC, try a forwarding packet-filter rule on the intermediate system:

source: your remote device(s)
    service: define as source port(s) 1024-65535, destination port 4433
    destination: your ACC

Cheers,
    Henning
Children
  • Thanks for the response.
    Checked the Packet Filter and the rule is as you have suggested. However I have afeeling that the DNAT/SNAT rule is not set properly. Would you happen to know how this needs to be set in v7 to work with the ACC?
  • Hi,

if your ACC is located behind a masquerading ASG device, you need to create a DNAT rule for the "hidden" ACC so that outside ASG devices can reach it.

1) Matching traffic criteria:

source: your remote device(s) or ANY
    service: your previously defined ACC service (1024-65535 tcp 4433)
    destination: external IP of your masq ASG device

2) translation mode

DNAT to your internal ACC definition

Cheers,
    Henning