This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems to add a device

Hello,

kindly excuse my bad english. I've a problem to add one device to ACC. Basically i can add devices. Only this one make problems. I've located one other device in ACC and when i remove it, i'm able to add the first device. But then, i can't add the second one. ACC is running V1.400 and both ASG have V6.304.

Here a part from the agent-manager.log:

CAgentSession::initialize() basic_ios::clear(iostate) caused exception
CAgentSession::revision() basic_ios::clear(iostate) caused exception
CAgentSession::initialize() device is already online, access denied

Kind regards

Eckhard

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Eckhard,

maybe the two devices formed an HA system earlier? When you split them up again, both will have the same unique ID to ACC and only one device will be allowed to connect. Here is a possible workaround:

Shell login to one of the devices and become root:

# /var/mdw/scripts/device-agent stop
    # rm -f /etc/guid
    # /var/mdw/scripts/device-agent start

Should do the trick.

Cheers and have a nice weekend,
    Henning
  • Hi Eckhard,

maybe the two devices formed an HA system earlier? When you split them up again, both will have the same unique ID to ACC and only one device will be allowed to connect. Here is a possible workaround:

Shell login to one of the devices and become root:

# /var/mdw/scripts/device-agent stop
    # rm -f /etc/guid
    # /var/mdw/scripts/device-agent start

Should do the trick.

Cheers and have a nice weekend,
    Henning
Children
  • Hello Henning,

it works. Thanks a lot for your help. I've taken a look to the guid-file on the slave-device. It is different to the file on the master. Is it a problem or normaly?

Kind regards

Eckhard
  • Hi Eckhard,

as soon as a master/slave relationship is established, the master's guid is synchronized to the slave. Even if you break the relationship afterwards, the guids stay identical. If you want master and slave to be two separate systems again, you need to remove the guid (as posted previously) on the former slave device again.

Do you want to have one HA or two stand-alone systems? One HA systems, the guids are/must be identical. On two stand-alone systems the guids must differ.

Cheers,
    Henning