This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

One more bug

Running 6 ASG units, some 220, 120, and generic units... selected all the units for a pattern up2date (they were all behind on the Authentium definitions, but it figures).. as soon as I initiated that (I'm using ACC 1.301) all units showed offline, and a few minutes after, I got emails from all the units about the agent not responding, and that it was restarted.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

we have to reproduce this as the behaviour has not yet been encountered.

Pattern Up2Date is two-fold operation (prefetch, activate) triggered for background execution by the device agent. Quite possibly and depending on the type of pattern which is updated, the middleware on the respective device could be restarted, hence restarting the device agent. When the device agent is restarted, it will lose connectivity to ACC leading to the display as an offline device. Most probably the restart fails and the device agent remains stopped, hence the emails from selfmonitor. I need to check with other developers here.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • Hi,

we have to reproduce this as the behaviour has not yet been encountered.

Pattern Up2Date is two-fold operation (prefetch, activate) triggered for background execution by the device agent. Quite possibly and depending on the type of pattern which is updated, the middleware on the respective device could be restarted, hence restarting the device agent. When the device agent is restarted, it will lose connectivity to ACC leading to the display as an offline device. Most probably the restart fails and the device agent remains stopped, hence the emails from selfmonitor. I need to check with other developers here.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers,
    Henning
Children
No Data