This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[1.300] 10408 Error on legacy ACC

I keep getting a 10408: Connection Error : timeout encountered waiting for data - please try again.  If I log out and log back in, everything seems fine for until the next error.

What is causing this and is there anything that I can do to resolve the issue?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Also, the problem with add new devices to my ACC does not appear to be an ACC issue.  It appears to be a ASC 6.303 issue.  When I attempt to add a ASG to ACC, the ASG's WebAdmin locks up.  I either have to reboot the ASG or restart the ASG's WebAdmin.

I reported this issue.  I was told that this is a known issue with the 6.303.
  • Hi again,

I understand your need to proof before investing in bigger hardware. With your current system you should definitely be able to accommodate 100 devices and 3-5 concurrent users. 

Let's look into this matter and back to my previous questions ... 

I assume now that you installed an Up2Date from ACC 1.201 to ACC 1.300 - is this correct or did you install an ACC 1.300 ISO from scratch?

Have you rebooted the ACC since detecting the issue and does the problem with the hanging WebAdmin persist if you add device(s) to ACC?

Could please post the netstat output as I have requested or send it to our support, so we can have a look at it? Additionally, if you could please add the following logfiles after an unsuccessful add device attempt:

from ASG:

/var/log/device-agent.log

from ACC:

/var/log/database-proxy.log
    /var/log/agent-manager.log
    /var/log/command-server.log

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and cheers,
    Henning
  • I'm having the 10408 error every x hours now here.
    Our system is a VM'ed 1.401 on a Dual Core Intel machine, 512MB allocated to this VM, Raid5 Sata-II volume. We have around 40 devices connecting to it from outside.

The error wasn't there at all until last week I updated (finally succeeded in doing so, I had to do it command-line-wise... but I managed). After upgrade from the original 1.400 VM image to 1.401 this started happening.
    Anyone else seeing this behaviour too in 1.401 or in VMWare?
  • Hi,

have you changed anything regarding the bandwidth available for the 40 devices? We really did not change much in the 1.401, as far as I remember only refreshed the license, and tweaked something at the Up2Date Cache - which is a different component than the stuff used for device monitoring.

Could you provide or post the selfmon.log from the ACC. I suspect some foul play and maybe the agent-manager somehow crashes.

Thanks for your assistance.
    Cheers
  • Hi,

have you changed anything regarding the bandwidth available for the 40 devices? We really did not change much in the 1.401, as far as I remember only refreshed the license, and tweaked something at the Up2Date Cache - which is a different component than the stuff used for device monitoring.

Could you provide or post the selfmon.log from the ACC. I suspect some foul play and maybe the agent-manager somehow crashes.

Thanks for your assistance.
    Cheers
Children
No Data