This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Permissions issue in 1.3

Is anyone else having issues with user permissions in 1.3, even for the admin useraccount?

Plus I can't get my ASG to connect to this ACC, where as it could connect ACCv1.2

Aodhan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

could you please be a bit more specific on the issues encountered. Do you get any error message(s) after logging in. Is there a timeout when you disable/re-enable remote management within WebAdmin on the respective ASG?

Additionally it would be good to know whether you installed the new ISO from scratch or performed a System Up2Date from 1.201->1.300.

Thanks and regards,
    Henning
  • Sure, no problem!

All I did was a scratch install on a VMWare Server VM bridged to the LAN using the 1.300 ISO.

After that I logged in as admin/admin and immediantly I received the following error: "10403: Insufficient rights/roles, access denied!"

What is interesting is that even as the admin user I cannot access any of the management areas for the ACC.  So I created another user and gave that user full permissions, but I am still having the same problem.

And when I try to connect an ASG to the ACC the ASG simply hangs until I refresh the screen.

Aodhan
  • ACC 1.3 treats the monitoring, inventory and configuration roles as being device specific. As long as there are no devices connected to your ACC, there aren't any devices for which you can have monitoring permissions - hence the error message.

But you should have no problem accessing the "Device Management >> Registration" area. Could you please verify that?
  • ACC 1.3 treats the monitoring, inventory and configuration roles as being device specific. As long as there are no devices connected to your ACC, there aren't any devices for which you can have monitoring permissions - hence the error message.

But you should have no problem accessing the "Device Management >> Registration" area. Could you please verify that?

Ah, that did the trick!  Thank you! [:)]

Ah, that did the trick!  Thank you! [:)]
Children
No Data