This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Webadmin through ACC using IP instead of Hostname

Using ACC 1.20.

When accessing an ASG's Webadmin through ACC, it attempts to connect using its IP address instead of its hostname.  This occurs for all ASG that are connected.  The registration overview page lists all the correct hostnames for all ASGs.

Is this a bug or by design?  Using the IP address causes the browser (Firefox) to issue a warning like "You have attempted to establish a connection with 192.168.1.1 However the security certificate presented belongs to "firewall.example.com".

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • That's normal behaviour. ACC always uses the IP address to connect to an ASG. If you configure the hostname in the certificate of your ASG you will get the warning by your browser at the moment you connect to ASG by using the IP address. If you connect by using the hostname you would not get the warning.
    If you would like to avoid the warning, simply configure the IP address in ASG's certificate.

cheers
    Timo
  • That's normal behaviour.

Is there a reason for this?  Better security I suppose.

If you would like to avoid the warning, simply configure the IP address in ASG's certificate.

If I understand your suggestion, we normally connect to our ASGs with the hostname so I would rather not do that.  It'd be nice if connecting with the hostname through ACC became an option.  Thanks.