This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

External Firewall IP

Hello,

i have 10 Firewalls (1x V5 9x V6) attached to the acc and everything seems ok. On some FW the external IP and the internal IP is shown correctly. Others are shown with the external ip as the internal and no external ip.

The 9 V6 are installed the same way, only different provider accounts and different locations.

any clue [:S] 

Thanks [;)]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I assume that when you're talking about external and interal IPs, you're referring to the "Inventory - Details" page reached by clicking on "Device Management >> Inventory >> Details", specificially of the fields "IP address" and "Public IP address".

Which IPs ACC shows in those fields is relatively simple, but may not be quite what you expect. The "IP address" field is simply the IP with which ACC communicates to recieve data about the ASG device - depending on your network layout, that might be the IP you configured on the device, or that of some intermediate firewall. It's no more than the IP address that ACC talks to.

The "Public IP address" is something of a best guess. It's impossible for us to know your network layout, but we can know from which IP your device is requesting GeoIP information, and that's the IP address we're using. If that field is empty, try fetching GeoIP data for the device in question. Fetching GeoIP information is only supported in recent versions of ASG, so you might need to bring your ASG devices up2date for this feature to work as expected.

I hope this answers your question - without knowing your exact network layout, and specifically how ACC is connected to your devices, I can't give a more precise answer.
  • Thanks for your reply...

The ASG are configed all the same:

1x Internal Network Card (172.19.X.254) x is the number of the ASG (1-9)
    1x External Network Card (PPTP on ADSL, dynamic IP)

All ASGs have the same config and version 6.202.  [;)] 

3 ASGs are listed with a public IP the others are listed with "n/a" [:S] 

The ACC device is located on a seperate network connected to the internet with a dynamic ip secured by a ASG V5.

thanks und viele Grüße nach Karlsruhe :-)
  • It might be to do with the dynamic IPs... is it possible for you to post the external IPs of the devices that appear as "n/a" in ACC? If you don't think this public forum is the place to do so, you could contact our support at http://www.astaro.com/support and mention that I asked for this information.
  • The location data of the ASG is stored in /etc/wfe/conf/location on the ASG. Could you please check that file? If the file exists, could you please post the content? If the file does not exist, please have a look into /var/log/device-agent.log on the specific ASG.

Do you use an external DSL Router to connect to the internet? Or is the ASG directly connected to the DSL Modem using the PPPoE function of ASG?

cheers
    Timo